Kawasaki Brute Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought the 750i from a guy who plowed and had only 200 miles on it. Brought my 2006 brute get it checked why it pops out of gear and why it's been dripping oil. Maintenance Guy is going to get back to me with some estimates. Slight hairline crack in left side of case and lost some oil sprayed on my left leg when I finally stopped riding it. I don't want to spend 2,000++ for a new engine. Any thoughs? He's gonna check into it and see if it's something in the gear box or belt. Problem has been getting worse but still in riding conduction . Get up and off the trailer no problem. Has his happened to you ? Only has 300 miles on it. See pics.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
13,496 Posts
That's what happens when it is either forced into a different gear while moving or it gets thrust out of a gear under power when it wasn't fully seated. Either way the case is considered shot by most standards and the trany...probably a fork..is damaged.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you think it's worth selling as is or parting it out ??
Chris.
Lte mud light
Plow
Winch
Heated helmet
Low wear and tear (except engine )
Got it for 4,000

·
Super Moderator
13,496 Posts
Parts are not out of alignment real bad...maybe a welding shop can weld it up to last a while. I wouldn't keep it for myself though but maybe someone would pay enough for you to get most of your money back.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts