Kawasaki Brute Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I've noticed a coolant leak developing with our 2019 (just out of warranty now of course!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Ive checked the host clamp on the water pump and left hand side of the machine, to the radiator, appear good. The coolant looks like it's coming from upper/top of engine and running down. Or it's near the bottom front/middle. There is coolant on the center skid plate also. I sure hope this isn't anything major. I haven't gotten time to look at it seriously.

On a positive note, I placed an order for stage 1 elkas for this machine. In hopes (and I know it will) it will allow my wife to ride it without feeling like she's beat up and sore at the end of the day. These stock shocks really are junk. The spring are good, but the shocks on all brutes are just god awful. I can compare them to being just as bad as my factory can am outlander xt shocks. Which I replaced with fox podium shocks. It was NIGHT and day in the ride quality!

I'll update once I get to looking at it closer. Not sure if anyone else has had problems like this with a newer machine (less that 500 miles now). I know I've seen a few posts on the brute facebook pages. Some have been cylinders/head gaskets (but the machine is eating coolant). This machine appears to be just leaking it.

I do have an oil change set for this (its annual one), but the oil looks so clean on the dipstick! I also had the oil pressure light on when we were coming off the lake this weekend. I turned the machine off and back on and it was gone. Very odd. I check the oil level, perfect, and CLEAN!

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Pic from this winter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did some inspection with my scope cam. I can’t see anything wet aside the water pump hose clamp. I tightened it again, more with a rachet and socket. We’ll see what happens. Others have had issues with this clamp. I may have to replace it.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just more info, I used my scope cam and checked around the heads and radiator hoses. It all looks dry. Just crazy. Really hope it’s as simple as that water pump hose clamp!!

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Found the leak it’s the water pump hose clamp going to replace it.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah I wasn’t happy with a. Nee machine leaking. Glad it was easy and I know others have had this same issue.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Elkas ship next week already!! Can’t wait to surprise my wife.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
And they are on!

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
121 Posts
The cold weather can cause leaks when running regular hose clamps.

How's it ride now? With those purdy shocks on there

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Haven’t even taken it for a ride yet

1 - 12 of 12 Posts