Kawasaki Brute Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to ATV ownership. 2007 Brute Force 750i owner (bought last month) with Traxion (Camoplast/Camso) track kit that I want to change back over to tires. I have scoured the Internet for anything relating to the model of tracks that I own but it seems like they only go back to 2009 and don't include the Traxion+ in their series.

I would like to find some directions or possibly a video of someone doing this because I am not sure what I can leave and what I have to take off. Using the newer guides and instructions I have an idea but looking for something that matches my kit. Also need to know if once I take the anchor brackets and track kit off do I need to purchase any additional parts for the tires fickle back on or do they just switch back-and-forth once the tracks are installed? Please advise.

IMO

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
13,702 Posts
All I know is you just undo or remove the brackets, remove all four of the lugs holding them to the hubs, remove, and just slip your tires & wheels back on. Nothing else necessary. If you do not already have a set of tires and wheels, may I suggest going square...as in all four the same. Use a 7" wheel with the 4/110 pattern for lug-centric mounting with a 4+3 or 5+2 offset. And stay with a good 26" tire. Brutes like radials but not a must.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
All I know is you just undo or remove the brackets, remove all four of the lugs holding them to the hubs, remove, and just slip your tires & wheels back on. Nothing else necessary. If you do not already have a set of tires and wheels, may I suggest going square...as in all four the same. Use a 7" wheel with the 4/110 pattern for lug-centric mounting with a 4+3 or 5+2 offset. And stay with a good 26" tire. Brutes like radials but not a must.
That's about how I see it although I could take some pictures of the actual brackets. There are Cotter pins and what not and it seems a little confusing. I believe I need to remove a bolt and pull the bracket off then slide the bolt back in to the original part. I guess part of the problem might be that I am not familiar with how they should look with tires on them. I do have an owner's manual that I'm going through.

I did get a set of wheels and tires that originally came with the vehicle and they have about 50% life left.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This is the front stabilizer arm . Note the elongated bolt and two cotter pin adapter that replaced the original bolt (I believe). Do I just take the pin out and slide off or do I remove and replace? Not sure if the longer bolt will interfere with wheels or stick down too far.

What do you think?

·
Super Moderator
13,702 Posts
That's the ball joint and that's probably a special nut to replace the OE so yeah, just take the cotter pin out, let it drop and leave that nut and other pin on there.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's the ball joint and that's probably a special nut to replace the OE so yeah, just take the cotter pin out, let it drop and leave that nut and other pin on there.
Right on! This is an older kit so I noticed a spacer block on the rear and just like you said, take out the cotter pin and drop the front. The bolt comes down farther than stock but still has about a half in clearance from the rim.

Thanks for the help. Once I committed, it was easy .

I put the stock tires on and had a blast today. Changeover should only take a couple hours (if I do it alone again).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts