Kawasaki Brute Forum banner

Carb rebuild

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Arvid 
#1 ·
I had the carb rebuilt on 300 brute by dealer. I was quoted 2-300$ but when I dropped it off it was $450. We TALKED and it was done for $270. Now the gas gauge doesn’t work and m/kph button doesn’t work and i shut it down fter a short run because of a clear clicking noise. I noticed that it appears the right footboard looks as if it has been removed ( screws miissing). Any reason to remove footboard for carb rebuild??

#2 ·
A complete brand new carb is 417.00...which is way to much for a 90-dollar carb IMO. A kit which is just a needle valve and a few seals,O-rings and a gasket or two is usually under 20 bucks so..along with all the other issues I would say this was a massive Cluster-F'k. Take it and your list of issues back to him and report it to Kawasaki.

#4 ·
I replaced my 300 carb with an aftermarket carb ( which works fine) and never took off any foot boards. I think you need to have another “talk” with that dealer, and have them repair other items that mysteriously stopped working after being serviced. All at no charge to you. When you do get it back, check it before you leave the dealer to be sure everything is working as it should. Good luck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.