Kawasaki Brute Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to get one of those cable luber thingys, who has used one on the brute. any good tips to make iT easier. i dont have it in my hands yet so i really dont know at this point how it hooks on the cable but i am thinking to run some wd40 through it to clean it out then the cable lube through it. my rears where freezing up last week end the cold weather.

what all cables did you do this to. rear brake lever? choke cable? rear foot brake cable? and anything else? I havent paid much attention to the foot cable but is it easy to get to? thanks for any help to make it easier. it made me mad with my rear brakes locking up last week.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I've heard astro gilde works wounders.......

couldn't resist

But seriously i was told to not use wd-40 for mine, to use some compressed air and a air gun to blow out all the mud and water then push the cable lube down it. They said wd-40 will hold the moisture in. I had that same problem last week on my rear brakes also. I just loosened them up until it got warm, then tighted the hand brake back up.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Don't understand that at all......... WD in WD-40 stands for water displacer, it pushes water out instaed of holding it in...........Stakk

·
Registered
106 Posts
<div class='quotetop'></div>
Originally posted by Stakk
Don't understand that at all......... WD in WD-40 stands for water displacer, it pushes water out instaed of holding it in...........Stakk[/b]

AGREE^^^^^^^^^^^

·
Registered
66 Posts
Just posting what people told me on HL. I had my breaks freeze and they told em all that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts