Kawasaki Brute Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! I’m new to the community and new to the Brute force family.
im in need of some info before buying.
I found a 2015 brute force 750 to buy and I have no idea of what to look for!
please help me with a walk around and what I need to check for before buying.
when I say I’m new to the Brute family I’m New! Never been on one and it’s going to be my first Quad ever.
Im pretty aware of tits power and safety issues.
just need help of what to look for if something is bad or a deal killer.
It has a snorkel kit on it. I’ve heard horror stories and need to know how to tell if it’s been abused or sunk in mud and water.
Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
13,746 Posts
when I say I’m new to the Brute family I’m New! Never been on one and it’s going to be my first Quad ever.
It has a snorkel kit on it. I’ve heard horror stories and need to know how to tell if it’s been abused or sunk in mud and water.
Thanks!
In my book, rule #1, if its been snorkled, it been in deep stuff. I walk away because even if it was never swamped, its had every thing under water probably so...nope..not for me. Look for mud in places it shouldn't be, corroded connections..rusted welds, burned-on mud on the exhaust pipes, milky oil in the diffs...ect.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Thoroughly check all the wiring under the seat for mud and corrosion. Under normal riding you should never get mud under the seat.

·
Registered
Dodge, Chrysler, Plymouth is what I drive but Kawasaki is what I RIDE
32 Posts
Lots of basics here. If the seller says "good shape, never abuse" (which most do regardless) expect to see that when you check it out. If it looks beat up, its because it is beat up. Don't be afraid to take a jack and some blocks with you so you can get all 4 wheels of the ground and test it. Grab the wheels and give them a shake. IF the wobble or you get play in the wheel or control arms it will needs some repair before riding. Make sure the 4WD works. Look at the tires and make sure they have not been plugged a bunch of times. (common with OEM tires) This is all before you take it up the road and make sure it runs well and the CVT works smoothly. Find all the problems you can to get better leverage on the price.
Personally unless the price is a super steal I wouldn't buy one that needs a bunch of repairs. That tell me the owner didn't care about it at all. Kawasaki ATV and UTV are in high demand in this part of the country so people usually want a premium even if they are pretty beat up.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thanks!
I'm also new to the brute force and owning a quad as well, I know I looked around and seen a few bikes I was interested in but what it boils down to for me is if you don't know the owner then it's a gamble, could be owned by someone who took care of it and ran it reasonably.. or a complete animal who has run her hard and used and abused it. Also as mentioned before atvs are in high demand in my area (eastern canada) so even used ones are being sold at high cost. I seen one that was 12 years old selling for $8000 and had a ton of people interested in it... in the end I went brand new just so I know what I have. These are ATVs so they're bound to get some roughing up, trust your gut and don't let someone tell you it's "mint"... best sellers in my opinion are the responsible older fellas who just don't get out like they used to. Chances are they just used it for cruising around the easy trails or back roads. Good luck!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm also new to the brute force and owning a quad as well, I know I looked around and seen a few bikes I was interested in but what it boils down to for me is if you don't know the owner then it's a gamble, could be owned by someone who took care of it and ran it reasonably.. or a complete animal who has run her hard and used and abused it. Also as mentioned before atvs are in high demand in my area (eastern canada) so even used ones are being sold at high cost. I seen one that was 12 years old selling for $8000 and had a ton of people interested in it... in the end I went brand new just so I know what I have. These are ATVs so they're bound to get some roughing up, trust your gut and don't let someone tell you it's "mint"... best sellers in my opinion are the responsible older fellas who just don't get out like they used to. Chances are they just used it for cruising around the easy trails or back roads. Good luck!
Thank you for your reply!
I did wind up buying the 2015 brute Force 750.
he is the brother of a life long family friend and he’s never abused it.
also upon picking it up I found he had 2 extra sets of plastics that went with the deal!
One set being brand new and has never been on a bike.
I got everything for $3500
I just dropped it off at my local atv shop to get a bumper to bumper inspection and service.
when dropping it off the mechanic said from just hearing it and looking at it I scored one hell of a deal and everything looks to be ok .
he’s going to do a deep inspection of the entire bike.
How much does a used set of plastics go for these machines ?

·
Registered
9 Posts
also upon picking it up I found he had 2 extra sets of plastics that went with the deal!
I just dropped it off at my local atv shop to get a bumper to bumper inspection and service.
when dropping it off the mechanic said from just hearing it and looking at it I scored one hell of a deal and everything looks to be ok .
he’s going to do a deep inspection of the entire bike.
How much does a used set of plastics go for these machines ?
I've never really looked into it but to my knowledge the plastics on the bikes haven't changed in a long time but im guessing if they are in fair condition you're probably looking at anywhere from 200-400 for a complete set... I could be way off though.

·
Registered
Dodge, Chrysler, Plymouth is what I drive but Kawasaki is what I RIDE
32 Posts
Wow. you stole it at that price if everything checks good. I paid $2800 for my '05 BF 650 and that is considered a steal.
The seller was asking $3200 but he was so pissed about all the tire kickers and no-shows he just wanted to be done with it. My timing was just right for once. ;)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wow. you stole it at that price if everything checks good. I paid $2800 for my '05 BF 650 and that is considered a steal.
The seller was asking $3200 but he was so pissed about all the tire kickers and no-shows he just wanted to be done with it. My timing was just right for once. ;)
Everything checked out and it’s running 100%
I’m going to sell the black and yellow set of plastics for $400
I believe I’m going to keep the new set of green plastics in case I break the white set that’s on it now.
im pretty damn happy with this beast! Lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts