Kawasaki Brute Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know i have seen post like my questions, clicking when i try to start my 2006 750 brute. However my issue seems to be a little different, when i try to start sometime it will click and sometimes it will not - I have cleaned all connections and the battery is new. Now this is the part that is a little different - When this issue happens i am able to role the motor over with the pull cord and the starter at this time will more often then not start the bike. Would this mean my starter is getting weak and can not role this beast over very well any longer. Also to add to this when it does finally role the motor over and not just click, there seems to be lots of power and does not struggle to turn the motor over.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

·
Administrator
14,588 Posts
If there is nothing wrong with any other part of the system, then it says the starter motor has a problem. Most often its brush/commentator or bearing-related. Easy enough to pull and take apart to check. Otherwise check/test the starter solenoid. Do double-check all the battery cables...all ends. The ground goes to the engine case on the belt cover side-top.

·
Registered
Dodge, Chrysler, Plymouth is what I drive but Kawasaki is what I RIDE
85 Posts
Yeah, really sounds like the starter has a bad spot on the comutator that is shorting the battery out. Our 03 Yama Kodiak 400 has this same issue. Some times it will start immediately, the next time all you get is the typical dead battery clicking start solenoid sound. Battery is new.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts