Kawasaki Brute Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok my brute is not charging right i have put 2 stators in her it want put out no more then 13.2 it suppose to put out 14.5 to 15 any one with any clue what may be going on i have checked all connections and wires meaning unwrap all the wiring harnes didnt find no broken wires or ends so im lost at the moment help any one please

·
Super Moderator
13,746 Posts
It either has a bad coil on the stator or the rectifier/regulator has a weak phase. It could be a bad battery but my money is on the rectifier...or one of the leads to it.

I'm assuming when you replaced the stators the rotor was inspected for any signs it touched the stator and found nothing. When the main bearing on that side goes bad it allows it to so that..toasts the stators too.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes i inspected it and it never hit it the stator i pulled off it was bruntup the whole thing was brunt but the one i put in it came with rectifier it came from rm stator so you think i just over looked the wire coming off the rectifier i ohm all the wires to see if went to ground and didnt or could tell if any wire was broken but i can run new wires if you think it might be it

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ole and the other one i put on the i got new rectifier with it to but it was charging the same way just so you no

·
Registered
3 Posts
It either has a bad coil on the stator or the rectifier/regulator has a weak phase. It could be a bad battery but my money is on the rectifier...or one of the leads to it.

I'm assuming when you replaced the stators the rotor was inspected for any signs it touched the stator and found nothing. When the main bearing on that side goes bad it allows it to so that..toasts the stators too.
Hey man just curious how the pick up coil can cause it not to charge? I’m gettin good ac voltage, good rectifier, but a ton of resistance testing the coil, I thought the coil was only responsible for spark?

·
Super Moderator
13,746 Posts
Hey man just curious how the pick up coil can cause it not to charge? I’m gettin good ac voltage, good rectifier, but a ton of resistance testing the coil, I thought the coil was only responsible for spark?
It can't. I never said "Pulse Coil" or CPS. I was referring to the coils on the stator. I'm assuming you hare going bu what the service manual states for voltages and resistances though.

·
Registered
3 Posts
It can't. I never said "Pulse Coil" or CPS. I was referring to the coils on the stator. I'm assuming you hare going bu what the service manual states for voltages and resistances though.
Ahhh I see, I’m gettin good ac volts from the stator, .5 ohms at the stator, rectifier seems bad according to manual but I’m getting 13v idling 13.4-13.5 in the throttle, I figure if rectifier is bad I wouldn’t even get that much, did the buss connector already too.

·
Super Moderator
13,746 Posts
Ahhh I see, I’m gettin good ac volts from the stator, .5 ohms at the stator, rectifier seems bad according to manual but I’m getting 13v idling 13.4-13.5 in the throttle, I figure if rectifier is bad I wouldn’t even get that much, did the buss connector already too.
What year Brute is this? And what was the voltage when testing all three phases? Everything you are saying points toward a bad stator coil...so one should be much lower then the rest.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts