Kawasaki Brute Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2013 brute force 750 efi it wont get over 38 mph while riding if I lift the back tires off the ground it will get up in the 60s or 70s no issue but if the tires are on the ground and I'm riding it wont get up to speed it's got a new fuel pump and drive belt any ideas thanks in advance

·
Super Moderator
13,310 Posts
I have a 2013 brute force 750 efi it wont get over 38 mph while riding if I lift the back tires off the ground it will get up in the 60s or 70s no issue but if the tires are on the ground and I'm riding it wont get up to speed it's got a new fuel pump and drive belt any ideas thanks in advance
Any lights flashing on the dash? What is the actual fuel pressure....and is there any electrical problems like weak battery?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Any lights flashing on the dash? What is the actual fuel pressure....and is there any electrical problems like weak battery?

No lights are on on the dash cant remember the fuel pressure was awhile ago when we checked it but when we did we looked online amd it was right where it was supposed to be and yea I have to jump it to start it usually but wouldnt think that would effect the power it has when it's running would it?

·
Super Moderator
13,310 Posts
No lights are on on the dash cant remember the fuel pressure was awhile ago when we checked it but when we did we looked online amd it was right where it was supposed to be and yea I have to jump it to start it usually but wouldnt think that would effect the power it has when it's running would it?
Oh yes it will. If the ignition system.. especially the coils don't have full power, it will act like its in limp mode. Get a new battery and check the charging system. Should have at or above 14.4 volts when running and above 12.4 volts when just sitting there...and when the starter is engaged it must be above 11.7 volts to charge the coils and start. No one makes a more fussy Ignition/EFI system then Kawasaki...lol

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh yes it will. If the ignition system.. especially the coils don't have full power, it will act like its in limp mode. Get a new battery and check the charging system. Should have at or above 14.4 volts when running and above 12.4 volts when just sitting there...and when the starter is engaged it must be above 11.7 volts to charge the coils and start. No one makes a more fussy Ignition/EFI system then Kawasaki...lol
Replaced the battery still nothing over about 35-38 and when I am running full speed and them I stop the bike cuts off

·
Premium Member
1,094 Posts
Has the bike ever been swamped? Dirt, water or mud in the engine?

·
Registered
1 Posts
My 2013 brute force is doing the exact same thing
I rode Saturday all day like that but when I come to a stop it shuts off and I feel like I’m only getting half power. I replaced the belt the fuel pump the spark plugs replaced the air filter put a new battery did the oil change and cleaned the injectors! If you find out the problem please let me know.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts