Kawasaki Brute Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a 2012 brute 750 new owner so still learning its kinks. had some issues wile riding last weekend. First I was trying to cross bear creek in my area(floods after every rain) it was about 4ft deep... ya not my best idea but got to almost halve way and current about washed me down stream lol. So i went to shift in reverse and from low and it would not go after some fighting with it I finally got it to shift but before I could it died wile in water now it has snorkeling so I'm not sure if water in exhaust caused that issue or i need to tighten all fittings. My question is if anyone else has had issues with these atv dieing in mud or water. Or shifting issues under resistance. Other than my stupidity has anyone else had these issues.

·
Registered
88 Posts
If you were holding the brakes tight while trying to shift, it could have not let your gears sync up and fight you going into reverse. There are plenty of reasons why it could have died, depending on how you were pointing in the current, the flowing water could have prevented the exhaust from easily escaping the tail pipe and essentially stalled it. That would be fairly easy to have happen, especially at an idle. Never hurts to double check all of your intake and exhaust fittings if you are planning on taking it through that deep of water. Hope you towed it out of the stream and didn't restart it full of water.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I got it restarted fairly easy got it on reverse and gave her the beans to clear out exhaust and backed it out. Checked oil was good there. Only thing I seen was water in cvt cover witch I think I know that issue. I was holding breaks pretty hard

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've been brain storming last few days about this. And I remembered I didnt put grease on fitting for coils or spark plug after watching videos and some reading I think that was why it died previous owner sealed air box so havent seen state of filter yet.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts