Kawasaki Brute Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok new member here needing help! I recently bought a 2008 BF750 from a guy off craigslist(dont laugh please it was good deal haha) and its recently been having running issues. All symptoms lead me to the fuel pump. It's my understanding the the fuel pump is supposed to build and maintain a constant 43~46 psi Thru the rpm range? Well i put an inline fuel pressure gague in the line and when i turn the key on, it will build 46 psi but the pressure falls to nearly zero as soon as the pump cuts off. So i figured hell its got to be the pump. I stuck a new one out of my buddys brute in mine expecting the problem to be fixed, but it does the same thing. Has anyone else had this trouble? If so what are some things i could be checking out? Id love to ride this weekend but as it is now the thing wont even start. All help appriciated! Thanks, Jake

·
Super Moderator
13,702 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Its true the 08s had more fuel problems then any other...so far. I am told there is a second filter after the pump that can be an issue as well as the puckup screen. There are some options on replacement pumps listed over on MIMB. Here is one:

Brute force fuel pump replacement - MudInMyBlood Forums

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, and thanks for the feedback. I know for a fact that the pick up screen on the bottom of the pump is clean but i wasnt aware that there was another filter, ill be sure to check it. Is there a fuel pressure regulator or something like that that may be going bad? It has a new pump in it now but still wont hold pressure when the pump cuts off. Its really blowing my mind ha i dont have alot of expeirience with fuel injected quads.

·
Super Moderator
13,702 Posts
Thanks, and thanks for the feedback. I know for a fact that the pick up screen on the bottom of the pump is clean but i wasnt aware that there was another filter, ill be sure to check it. Is there a fuel pressure regulator or something like that that may be going bad? It has a new pump in it now but still wont hold pressure when the pump cuts off. Its really blowing my mind ha i dont have alot of expeirience with fuel injected quads.
In all honisty I don't either...just what I hear. I don't think it has a regulator just the pump itself or what is right after the pump. I'll try and find some info for you.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok, update on the problem. So i put my buddies fuel pump back in his brute and now his is doing the exact same thing as mine. When you turn the key on and the fuel pump comes on, the quad will run, but cuts off as soon as the pump cuts off. Is there a code that has to be reset after the pump is disconnected? I know if the belt breaks the belt light has to be reset and im curious as to wheather the same applies to the fuel pump.

·
Registered
4 Posts
So I'm new here but hopefully someone can help me out I'm in need of brute force fuel pump doesn't need to b working just need housing someone please help me

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ok u guys so I'm determine to find the secret to these 08 brute force 750 fuel injected machines and have the tools and equipment to proceed with what I'm bout to tell u and don't advise u to do as well due to head ache frustration and expensive measure that can get over whelming but is an answer to most u guys problems. So I disassembled the fuel sending unit inside tank. The little reservoir that is directly above the fuel pump which has the fuel pressure regulator right next to fuel pump has a secondary fuel screen in it specifically designed to pick up particles from wear and tear inside fuel pump and debris that the primary pickup screen does not catch basically clarifying the fuel before before fuel reaches the injectors to prevent damages to those parts. I know it sux that do it yourselfers can't find nor service this one particular part. Kawasaki wants to have some reason to keep u guys spending money on a non knowledgable way to fix a problem u have and can't seem to find out why which leads you to either jury rig or replace other parts that aren't broke so if u guys are wondering why it cost so much to buy a whole unit it's because of this one piece. So what's its doin is the screen fills up with little particles and is restricting the fuel flow and not keeping the fuel staging reservoir filled to maintain a 43 psi fuel pressure at higher rpms resulting in loss of power backfiring fuel starvation. So verses dissecting the secondary screen ( hate to be a bubble buster) but a new unit is the option along with proper fuel stabilizing with today's ethenol in fuel to make sure your fuel does not sit in your atv unused for more than two to three weeks. Also do not run your tank dry to sit over a long period of time cause this will damage your fuel pump

·
Registered
951 Posts
Most drill the screen out an install a inline filter problem solved

1 - 11 of 11 Posts