Kawasaki Brute Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I've been working on a Brute Force post on my blog for a while now and just finished it up a few minutes ago. It's taken a while to get it to what I wanted and I've worked my absolute a$$ on it so I was hoping some of the loyal Brute owners on here could take a look at it and offer some comments, criticism and such. Any little input helps, thanks in advance!

Roody's reviews, thoughts and ramblings: Review & Opinion: The Kawasaki Brute Force

·
Registered
396 Posts
I enjoyed the read..nicely done and about spot on imo. I have a 12 750 eps. It is rough around the engines, sounds like a muscle car and (stock) handles like one too. It is certainly the most sporty of the sport utes and has the most raw torque.

I think your descriptions and examples were spot on! I will say slap some rims and tires and shocks on the brute, and she does transform into a trail shredding machine that not many will keep up with...especially corner to corner.

·
Premium Member
3,247 Posts
Roody,

I do not know if you write for a living, but the blog read incredibly well. The article really makes the reader feel what you are saying. I liked it very much.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I enjoyed the read..nicely done and about spot on imo. I have a 12 750 eps. It is rough around the engines, sounds like a muscle car and (stock) handles like one too. It is certainly the most sporty of the sport utes and has the most raw torque.

I think your descriptions and examples were spot on! I will say slap some rims and tires and shocks on the brute, and she does transform into a trail shredding machine that not many will keep up with...especially corner to corner.
Thanks! There really couldn't be a more accurate description out there. Wheels/tires did wonders for the handling but I haven't had the heart to plop down $1500 for suspension yet...

Roody,
I do not know if you write for a living, but the blog read incredibly well. The article really makes the reader feel what you are saying. I liked it very much.
Adirondack Man, thanks! I'm don't write for a living but am hoping to get into some kind of journalism, preferably something in the automotive world. I appreciate the compliments

Roody

·
Registered
651 Posts
Nice write up.

Ya know, we may be the only lucky ones that fully understand the true meaning of putting a smile on your face. I try to explain it to others, but they just don't get it (because they don't have Brutes).

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Good write up! I disagree with you about the pockets tho .... the one one the right holds 2 can beverages perfectly and the dry box on the left (750 models) is perfect storage for cell phones, smokes and a small pistol ...lol

·
Registered
651 Posts
I disagree with you about the pockets tho .... the one one the right holds 2 can beverages perfectly and the dry box on the left (750 models) is perfect storage for cell phones, smokes and a small pistol ...lol
I agree.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hey roody nice lookin brute you have there! the tire and wheel combo looks tuff! btw were some of those photos taken at the old "lost trails" in pa?

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nice write up.

Ya know, we may be the only lucky ones that fully understand the true meaning of putting a smile on your face. I try to explain it to others, but they just don't get it (because they don't have Brutes).
Thanks! It's a gift, actually, to ride a Brute...other riders don't "get it." Without the smile, might as well not ride

Good write up! I disagree with you about the pockets tho .... the one one the right holds 2 can beverages perfectly and the dry box on the left (750 models) is perfect storage for cell phones, smokes and a small pistol ...lol
Thanks! I'll actually argue that to the break of dawn...those pockets have been entirely filled with mud more times than I can count! Never had a pistol in the pockets but would be willing to try LOL

Hey roody nice lookin brute you have there! the tire and wheel combo looks tuff! btw were some of those photos taken at the old "lost trails" in pa?
Hell yeah it is! We go to the new Lost Trails in Dunmore, PA every few weeks...real fun place!

·
Registered
651 Posts
Roody, let me know when you go to LT next time. I have a season pass there (I'm about 25 miles from LT). I never see many brutes there. Maybe we can get ratorman to join in and storm the trails with the brutes.

If you don't have a pass, here's a link to 1/2 off (they still have some left...36 more days): http://wnep.upickem.net/engine/Spla...34&contestid=40400&productid=9364623&p=12&p=1

Where in NY are you? I rode at tar Hollow in hancock last month...awesome trails! If they have it again, you need to put it on your list.

·
Registered
77 Posts
A very soulful review.....you put into words that feeling and grin I wear everytime I hammer the throttle. My riding buddies don't get it either though one friend who test rode my Brute last week put some of it into context. He just sold his Can-am and is considering a Kingquad or a Brute. He spent 30 mins on mine and reported back...."it's noisy,comfortable,and pulls like stink". I laughed and proceeded to do 10 mins of water-wheelies in the lake,to which he responded," I've never really seen a bike do that."
I think he's catching the virus:-D
I'm going to point him to your write-up.....that should tip him towards the right side of wrong....lol
Well done Roody!

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Roody, let me know when you go to LT next time. I have a season pass there (I'm about 25 miles from LT). I never see many brutes there. Maybe we can get ratorman to join in and storm the trails with the brutes.

If you don't have a pass, here's a link to 1/2 off (they still have some left...36 more days): http://wnep.upickem.net/engine/Spla...34&contestid=40400&productid=9364623&p=12&p=1

Where in NY are you? I rode at tar Hollow in hancock last month...awesome trails! If they have it again, you need to put it on your list.
Will do! We have a membership there so can go whenever. Would be fun to get a big group and tear up the trails out there, been there more times than I can count but only with my family

Tar Hollow is only 2ish hours, never heard of trails there! What's the deal with them? Would love to take a trip up there, from the videos it looks like a great place...is it a private place or just state land?

Good review. It's clear you have the bug..."Brute-fever"....as we all do...:)
Once you catch it you can't get rid of it!

A very soulful review.....you put into words that feeling and grin I wear everytime I hammer the throttle. My riding buddies don't get it either though one friend who test rode my Brute last week put some of it into context. He just sold his Can-am and is considering a Kingquad or a Brute. He spent 30 mins on mine and reported back...."it's noisy,comfortable,and pulls like stink". I laughed and proceeded to do 10 mins of water-wheelies in the lake,to which he responded," I've never really seen a bike do that."
I think he's catching the virus:-D
I'm going to point him to your write-up.....that should tip him towards the right side of wrong....lol
Well done Roody!
Thanks for the compliments! I wouldn't have written the review if I didn't feel so strongly about the Brute...maybe showing it to him will convince him the Dark Side is the fun side!

·
Registered
396 Posts
agreed...I love the storage on the Brute...they are very handy and work quite well

·
Registered
77 Posts
Now,if Kawi would just step up and unleash a 900ish cc v-twin with monster low end torque,you'd see Can-am and Polaris Scrambler-ing back to the drawing board.....pun intended:D

·
Registered
651 Posts
The tar hollow fun run was about a month ago. It's private land (hunting club). They run a few events there for jeeps and MX occasionally. A member convinced the owner to try an atv event, unfortunately, only 25 showed (maybe due to a lousy weather forecast). But the weather turned out great.

More importantly, the owner was pleased the way the riders conducted themselves. That, in itself, may persuade them to schedule another event this fall. If they do, I will certainly be returning and try to help get the word out. Trails were that good!

I do think that the area puts on a big ride (like 100 miles) in the same area. I would keep an eye out for that one.

you may also want to take a peek at www.atvingpa.com

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Lol...from one of my vids.....

If You Only Knew - YouTube
That's hilarious! You should record one where you do a huge wheelie once you turn around. Something to show :D

Now,if Kawi would just step up and unleash a 900ish cc v-twin with monster low end torque,you'd see Can-am and Polaris Scrambler-ing back to the drawing board.....pun intended:D
Been waiting on that for years! Honestly though, I don't know if anything that big is necessary...sure, "there's no such thing as too much power" but how much is too much? I guess it's different in the areas where you have miles of flat land to run on or you have mud pits and are running 30"s, but for the hills, tight woods, and the trails, a 900 might just be dangerous!

That being said, I'm waiting on Kawasaki to release a 50" SxS, something to compete with the small RZR. Would love to be able to take somebody with me but the Teryx is too much like a golf cart on 'roids and the sound of the RZR's engine makes me cringe LOL

The tar hollow fun run was about a month ago. It's private land (hunting club). They run a few events there for jeeps and MX occasionally. A member convinced the owner to try an atv event, unfortunately, only 25 showed (maybe due to a lousy weather forecast). But the weather turned out great.

More importantly, the owner was pleased the way the riders conducted themselves. That, in itself, may persuade them to schedule another event this fall. If they do, I will certainly be returning and try to help get the word out. Trails were that good!

I do think that the area puts on a big ride (like 100 miles) in the same area. I would keep an eye out for that one.

you may also want to take a peek at www.atvingpa.com
That seems like a good site, I might join up because we ride out there fairly often. Heard the Pohopoco Tract is closed this year though, too bad, that place was a lot of fun

I'm in for the next Tar Hollow ride. Looks like a great place to ride

·
Registered
651 Posts
Yeah, Dixxon Miller (Pohopoco) and Maple Run are closed for "construction"...very convenient. Dixxon Miller is approx. 25 miles from me as well. I like to hit that one when there's some snow to take the bite out of the trails.

DCNR said that they will open them up when the work is completed. That will probably happen just in time for them to close again for hunting season. Realistically, I wouldn't count on riding there until they reopen in December. I hope I'm wrong about that one.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I agree 100% on the noise of the RZR motor......the only enjoyable part of that odd racket is how much sweeter it makes the Kawi v-twin sound!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts