Kawasaki Brute Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I currently own a V force and will be owning a 4wd in the very near future. I have always owned Kawisaki ATVs and really love them but I am trying to get some of the pros and cons on the Brute before I buy one. How does it compare to the Outty 800 and do I need a bunch of upgrades just to keep up with these machines? Like I said I love Kawasaki's and cant imagine owning anything else but I just want to be informed and also want to know what to expect. Thanks in advance for the help.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Well welcome man, hope you like it here and I hope we help point in the way of the brute! HAPPY BRUTING!!

·
Registered
190 Posts
All i can say is that a Brute has got all the power you need.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for reinforcing my loyalty to Kawais. Most of my riding is on trails and through the wooded areas of the Black Hills. I want a 4wd to extend my riding season all year. Does the Brute do well in the snow and on mid to high speed trails? Thanks

·
Registered
901 Posts
Pros ride Brutes, Cons are in jail!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

A

·
0 Posts
Cons:
1. Stock belt with stock clutch not good- working it hard in reverse will definitely smoke the belt.
2. Stock tie rods are very weak.
3. Buss connectors causing electrical havoc- not sure if Kawi has cured this yet or not.
4. Piston rings don'tt take water as well as some other bikes- water in air box 1 time COULD damage them. Snorkels are a must.
5. After you snorkel it, you have to cap the snorkels while towing it or the oil will fill with gas.
6. Have to pull a lever to lock the front diff. Some don't mind but I don't like it.
Pros:
1. Very fast and powerful.
2. Alot of people own them- Lots of after market stuff available and lots of info available on these forums.
3. Lots of tire clearance- 29.5's fit very nice.
4. Not prone to breaking axles like alot of other bikes.
5. Radiator very accessible- easy to clean out the mud.

This should get you started and provoke some good discussion.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all the info. I appreciate everybodys responses as you are the ones currently riding these machines so I feel your opinions hold the most facts and if I had only the dealers opinions I would get a very biased response. thanks everybody

·
Registered
23 Posts
Personally I think the tierods are quite strong. I have only bent 1 and that was due to being hit by a drunk on an arctic cat. I drive my 650 just as hard as my buddies who most drive 750s.. they have more issues than I do. I don't know if it is the lack of cc's and power that mine has that makes it easier on the parts, but I've only broke 3 stock axles(gorillas are a must for a hardcore mudder on any bike). I've flipped mine 2 times, rolled 1 time, drowned it a couple of times. It has only been towed to camp 1 time though and that was after I let my little brother drive it while I was resting at the truck and he sunk it in the first hole he went in.. only saw one of the handle bars.

·
Registered
9 Posts
now to say the truth .no i have never lost to 800 brute killer like it sayes in the promo.and i,ve raced a 5 or 6 of them won 5 lost one (MYFAULT )but now watch out there getting the power comander from the shop so u just have to try harder ,,but man they will b right there in 300 feet ..........so we need the 800 brute no shits.OK KOWIE

·
Registered
9 Posts
we are the ones out there doin the kowi name proud so now we need the 800 brute how many a gree

·
Registered
40 Posts
I came from a v-force myself and I still have it but it never gets used anymore and that should tell you something right there.

You will need new tires for sure and then add the dyna or vdi and you will never miss your v-force. :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
<div class='quotetop'></div>
Originally posted by AtvBob
Cons:
1. Stock belt with stock clutch not good- working it hard in reverse will definitely smoke the belt.
2. Stock tie rods are very weak.
3. Buss connectors causing electrical havoc- not sure if Kawi has cured this yet or not.
4. Piston rings don'tt take water as well as some other bikes- water in air box 1 time COULD damage them. Snorkels are a must.
5. After you snorkel it, you have to cap the snorkels while towing it or the oil will fill with gas.
6. Have to pull a lever to lock the front diff. Some don't mind but I don't like it.
Pros:
1. Very fast and powerful.
2. Alot of people own them- Lots of after market stuff available and lots of info available on these forums.
3. Lots of tire clearance- 29.5's fit very nice.
4. Not prone to breaking axles like alot of other bikes.
5. Radiator very accessible- easy to clean out the mud.

This should get you started and provoke some good discussion.
[/b]

I disagree with some of this:

Stock belt and clutch are fine for the stock tires and even 1 or 2 inches over. No stock clutch is ok with 29.5 or 30 inch tires. I have 970 miles on the stock belt/clutch with no problems at all.

I have had zero problems with the stock tie rods.

Bus connectors were a problem. Now fixed.

To my knowledge, the only combustion engine designed for water injestion is a turbine. Not a quad motor. Suck water down a new truck intake and see what happens. Pretty much the same thing that happens to a quad.

I have no experience with snorkles so I can't comment on that.

Pulling a lever to lock the front diff does not bother me. Might bother others.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I heard the buss connectors were fixed on the 07s. All atvs have problems one that the brute is getting known for as of late is the issue of the weeping main seals. They have to be changed more regularly than normal. I run 30s on my brute and the stock clutch and stock belt no problems so far, but I wouldnt doubt if I do get some before the 100hr mark, you just have to understand the limitations of your bike and your setup.

·
Registered
23 Posts
POWER!!! POWER!!! POWER!!!

·
Registered
946 Posts
If I could find the link to the forum on highlifter it was a guy who took apart the plastics on a 07 750 and he stated the bus connectors HAVE been fixed.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Yeah. Kawi did away with the buss connectors altogether. Good to know that their listening isn't it?
Brute Central here is the post you are looking for.

My buddy brought to the ring of fire, two brand new 750 Brutes 2007, Black and Green. The Black is an awesome color and graphic combo.

Learning from our previous mistakes, these 2 bikes went from the dealer to our shade tree shop for a complete body off connector sealing session and snoekel job. Wish I had done that to my bike before the first ride!

Anyway, both the bikes no longer have the buss connectors front or rear, FINALLY. All the grounds are tied to a main screw at the base of the shifter.

They replaced the buss conn by tieing the common whites and then browns together in a commom twist and shrink wrapped point...aka the mod we are usuing. They did not solder the point, but a great improvement to that dam buss!

So just an FYI for all the new bikes!

·
Registered
946 Posts
It was me looking for that post! :p But thanks anyway for finding it, I searched and searched but I must have overlooked it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Its is quite clear to me now after all your responses that I will still be riding a Kawi when I bring home my utility. I have always been happy with their product and I like my V force so much that I will probably keep it also. I wish they would make a 400 or 500 with IRS for my wife so I could have all Kawies because she prefers the smoother ride. Oh well, 2 Kawies and 1 yamaha wont be so bad. Thanks for all the info guys

·
Registered
946 Posts
Get a 750 and get her the 650i, she'll then get scared of it and you'll have two brutes

1 - 20 of 36 Posts