Kawasaki Brute Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First Oil Change on 2022 Brute Force 750. Since there is no WET CLUTCH in this Drive Train I believe you can use a Good Synthetic 10W-40 Motor Oil? Any feedback?

·
Super Moderator
14,011 Posts
Not sure I would go with a synthetic on the "very" first oil change but definitely the second. And yes, a good oil designed for high RPM, high heat, shared sump motorcycle usage is always recommended. Castrol Power1, Mobile1, Royal Purple & Amsoil are the most popular. I trust and use Castrol Power1 or Power RS. 0,5 or 10W40. Nothing over 40w though.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not sure I would go with a synthetic on the "very" first oil change but definitely the second. And yes, a good oil designed for high RPM, high heat, shared sump motorcycle usage is always recommended. Castrol Power1, Mobile1, Royal Purple & Amsoil are the most popular. I trust and use Castrol Power1 or Power RS. 0,5 or 10W40. Nothing over 40w though.
Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
9 Posts
First Oil Change on 2022 Brute Force 750. Since there is no WET CLUTCH in this Drive Train I believe you can use a Good Synthetic 10W-40 Motor Oil? Any feedback?
Use the kawasaki 10-40 mineral oil in crankcase and front differential. keep clear of synthetic oils not worth the cost.
One good thing about synthetic oils is that any leaks will show up due to it being so thin lol.

·
Super Moderator
14,011 Posts
Just to be clear, there is still a wet brake in the rear gear case and a friction disk diff-loc in the front that must be considered as wet clutches. The 12+ Brute's manual recommends the use a 10 w40 conventional oil in front with a JASO MA rating for that system and the rear still requires a wet brake oil or tractor hydraulic oil. See owner's or service manual

·
Registered
9 Posts
Just to be clear, there is still a wet brake in the rear gear case and a friction disk diff-loc in the front that must be considered as wet clutches. The 12+ Brute's manual recommends the use a 10 w40 conventional oil in front with a JASO MA rating for that system and the rear still requires a wet brake oil or tractor hydraulic oil. See owner's or service manual
Yes I use kawasaki TDH in the rear.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts