Kawasaki Brute Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys something I’m sure has been asked before, but I’m having issues with my 2007 750 brute force. Issues are after driving for a few minutes it will start stuttering backfiring and have very little power. Ive noticed it only starts doing it after I go over 35ish or wot, also after wot the speedometer stops working drops back down to zero. Had a mechanic adjust the carbs, new belt, reset light, and new speed sensor. 4wd lights are also flashing 2 second intervals any help would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds like it's in limp mode. Need to find out why. Probably an actuator issue or corroded connection somewhere.
So that would cause the issues you think? When I bought it the 4wd switch was gone I bought a used one now it will read 2wd until I flip it then start the 2 second intervals

·
Super Moderator
13,356 Posts
So that would cause the issues you think? When I bought it the 4wd switch was gone I bought a used one now it will read 2wd until I flip it then start the 2 second intervals
Could be several things. Guessing won't be of any value to you. Brest grab the service manual and start trouble shooting.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Could be several things. Guessing won't be of any value to you. Brest grab the service manual and start trouble shooting.
Let me ask you this could over heating be a issue? Just took it for a drive no issue for about 15 minutes and then the light started flashing and the over flow tank was bubbling

·
Super Moderator
13,356 Posts
Let me ask you this could over heating be a issue? Just took it for a drive no issue for about 15 minutes and then the light started flashing and the over flow tank was bubbling
Well, yes. Is the fan coming on? Is the radiator full to the top? If it is overheating there's a reason so we need to find it. Overheating has killed more engines the most people know.

·
Registered
3 Posts
My 2008 750 does the same thing, but when I turn the key off and back on while in motion comes back to life and runs like it's supposed to. Does anyone why it would do this?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I bought it new in 09 and this is the first real issue I've had with it. It has just over 5000 miles on it, second belt & second set of tires. It's been well taken care of, I just don't know if it's a wire that is starting to corrode somewhere or what? It's just weird that me that turning the key off & on cures the problem for a few minutes.

·
Super Moderator
13,356 Posts
I bought it new in 09 and this is the first real issue I've had with it. It has just over 5000 miles on it, second belt & second set of tires. It's been well taken care of, I just don't know if it's a wire that is starting to corrode somewhere or what? It's just weird that me that turning the key off & on cures the problem for a few minutes.
Pull the fuse box,rotate it over and pull the connections underneath. They are known to corrode on all from 2005-2011.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Took it to a dealership the carb was needing rebuilt so I had them rebuild it just went and picked it up started driving it around and it don’t go 30 runs great not missing or cutting out but just feels under powered not like it was before

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yes and no it’s no longer backfiring and both cylinders are working but just feels as if it has limiter on it maybe not getting enough fuel?

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Are you sure it's not in limp mode?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I’m not sure back at the mechanics hes saying the actuator on the clutch kebc I think it’s called is getting no power well both actuators are getting no power

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Turns out the ecu went back they put a working one on to check and make sure now my question is will a 2007 650sra ecu work on my 2007 750i

·
Super Moderator
13,356 Posts
No carbed machines use an ECU. They use a CDI...and although it may run with a 650's CDI, the timing is different. Just buy a Dynatek and be done with it. Here's one on ebay:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yep that’s it. I put a new one on and bike is running great now next is a cdi from dynatek but issue was the kebc stopped working I guess the fork wasn’t moving I’m not use to ATVs with all this stuff last fourwheeler was a 2009 kingquad 400

1 - 20 of 20 Posts