Kawasaki Brute Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys, After my last ride and a little spill that got infected and put me in the hospital i invested in some armor. Check it out

F

·
0 Posts
Hey Look, there goes RoboCop! :D

I always thought about that stuff, but I can't ride with it on. I won't even wear a plastic chest protector. I wear one of the Fox Rock Star Roost Booster one, that looks like a bulletproof vest.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Let us know how you like it. A friend of mine has something similar. He said it's only too hot on the 90+ degree days at the dunes.

I want to invest in something for flat track racing, but I'm leaning more toward a plastic protector. Seems like it wouldn't be as hot.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the add says that it's really breathable. and also it's an under the jersy. :D

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
as far as mobility I don't know yet but I'll let ya know.

H

·
0 Posts
For $90 you can't beat the Nemesis body armor from Rocky Mountain ATV. This is the one Jay was talking about that's only too hot on 90+ days or when sitting with no air movement for a bit.

I think the chest coverage could be a little better, but imho it's WAY better than wearing a plastic protector over the jersey. In fact, I hardly wore mine. I wear my Nemesis every time I ride now.

A couple of additional benefits:
- you can wear it and a camelbak comfortably
- you look like you have big muscles :unibrow:

·
Registered
254 Posts
It's about time you posted! :nod:

I still agree it makes you look like a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle.

C

·
0 Posts
Great topic I have been looking for this style of protector every since my bad wreck. I was wearing the Fox AirFrame when I wrecked and no doubt it helped. But better is better. It seems this style protector you give up some chest protection and gain some back protection??? Is this true. I like the idea of back protetion but still what a hard chest plate. Also with the plastic protectors it seems like the shoulder are better protected with more padding? I was thinking of the back protection systems with the AirFrame(Six SIx one have one)..I don't know it this will work though. How is the back protection on the Nemisis is it a hard plate that will really do some good? Thanks!

H

·
0 Posts
The Nemesis is light on the front coverage, I'll admit. The back spine protection is pretty decent. I noticed there are several more brands available now in the newest Rocky Mountain ATV catalog. I don't remember which brand, but one had the zipper off to the side so that it could have a better chest plate. You might want to get one of those catalogs and check out what they have.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Put the armour to the test this weekend and its awesome. you can't even hardly tell you got ot on. hopefully i wont be testing its integrity anytime soon but if it happens its bound to better than nothing. :cool:

C

·
0 Posts
Glad to here you like it, would you say it offers better protection than the plastic protectors. Also are the ribs and back well protected with hard plastic not just thick rubber? Also is the shoulder well padded to absorb the fall of just a hard plastic cup. Sorry for all the questions. I had a bad spill wearing a hard protector. I broke most ribs and collapsed both lungs. That was mainly from being crushed..I can't find any thing to protect for that but am always looking for something better. Thanks

·
Registered
9 Posts
looks like rock gardn and 661 go to 2x 48-52 chest, could always slip into a couple of intertubes and pump them up.
Clark

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Theres really not that much protection around the ribs but the back looks like an armadillo. Good protection on the arms and shoulders. It stretches reallly far for the larger in size. :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
33 Posts
For your Fatty Armour.. Check out the EVS Ballistic Jersey I think its BJ22? There's one with the Kidney belt and one without I believe.. Or with and without sleeves, i forget..

But they have the larger size.. And it fits me (which says a lot!) with some "breathing" room.. That was last years design though. I believe they changed it some, but looked like more with the strap designs to secure the pads in place better..

You can wear it under the jersey, or just by itself. Its very breathable and comfortable with no undershift.. So you can ride with it on those hot days..

Worth looking at.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts