Kawasaki Brute Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend of mines brute blew the head gasket on the front cylinder. There was oil and antifreeze flowing out around the head. He's been taking his 4 wheeler to a backyard mechanic and this guy says both heads will need to be rebuilt. He hasn't even looked at it yet. Im no expert myself, but i have done a few top end rebuilds on my own stuff. Why would BOTH heads need to be rebuilt after a blown head gasket? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
13,367 Posts
A friend of mines brute blew the head gasket on the front cylinder. There was oil and antifreeze flowing out around the head. He's been taking his 4 wheeler to a backyard mechanic and this guy says both heads will need to be rebuilt. He hasn't even looked at it yet. Im no expert myself, but i have done a few top end rebuilds on my own stuff. Why would BOTH heads need to be rebuilt after a blown head gasket? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks
If just a head gasket then you can do just the one but.. Know that if you do a valve job and/or new rings on the blown one, the compression will be higher making an imbalance between the two. Aside from that, you really should at least check the head bolt torque on the other cylinder.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts