Kawasaki Brute Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Well you can probly fit a 29.5" but they will rub when you turn or hit bumps.

I would say 27" is the biggest without much rubbage (My 27's rub the floor boards when the suspension comrpresses and im turning)

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
I'm running 28x10 Silverbacks with no rubbing issues other than the gas tank, but spacers or aftermarket wheels will solve that.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm running 28x10 Silverbacks with no rubbing issues other than the gas tank, but spacers or aftermarket wheels will solve that.
your inbox is full i tried to pm u..
could you post a pic of that set up and how bad does it rub the tank? is it just rubbing the tank cover?
also they dont make the 28 silverback to go on a 14" rim do they?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Im running the same as BassMaster 28x10x12 on offset "Vison" wheels...and I dont rub the tank

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
DPS I'm on stock wheels. I only have 30 messages in my inbox but I went ahead and cleared it since it's been giving me an error for a loooong time. Next time I go on a ride I'll take some pictures, my Brute is across town. It barely rubs the tank COVER when compressed. The 27x12's barely rubbed it as well on larger bumps, also stock rims. Cranking the shocks up will get rid of the rubbing.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
how bad did it hurt the top end? does it really affect the performance?
so 28" will go with no lift. do the 29.5 outlaws go on without a lift? how do you guys like that 28 silverback? so 28 12s all around or 28 10 up front? and if anyone can get pics that would be sweet looking to get these tire soon.

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
I went with the skinnies all the way around because I couldn't afford rims. I am glad I didn't go wide though, these things are as wide as my 27x12 MudBugs.

I don't know about top end but I did hit 40 easy. I haven't had a chance to put a new secondary in yet either.. With stock clutching the front end will still come up fairly easy.

29.5's are going to be hit and miss, some people say they rub, some don't. If I were to go 29.5's I would get a 2" lift or Highlifter springs at the very least, the 08+ springs sag a lot.

I am loving the silverbacks. If you have good throttle control they will paddle through almost anything. They do just as good as laws. It's all about throttle control.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I've broken my right fender from my 26x12s hitting in the back. The springs do seem like they let it bottom down to easy. Maybe should jump it less hard.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have 29.5 Outlaws on my Brute 10's in front 12's on back on 12" rims and the front hits sometimes but very rare even when i have a passenger.

·
Registered
616 Posts
I am wearing 27"bighorns without spacers and they fit right in and my buddies wear the 30" itp mudlite xxl with spacers...all of them without lift kits of course...

·
Registered
46 Posts
I run my stock 25"'s and I rub all the time, but its mostly my a arms and skidplates on the ground due to lack of ground clearance.

Do you know that the stocks measure only 23.5 inches?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts