Kawasaki Brute Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a good set of brakes. I just put new brakes on the front of my 750 about a month ago and now there gone. They cost me $55.00. Any ideas?

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea they only lasted about 2 rides. Its the same deal with my sport quads. Am i doing something wrong? maybe i should stick with OEM brakes?

·
Registered
31 Posts
<div class='quotetop'></div>
Originally posted by 05-BF-750
yea they only lasted about 2 rides. Its the same deal with my sport quads. Am i doing something wrong? maybe i should stick with OEM brakes?[/b]
Maybe not you...but there's definitely something wrong there. Is it the front brakes only? Unless they were 4,000 mile rides, there's a problem.

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by scamutz+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(scamutz)
<!--QuoteBegin-05-BF-750
yea they only lasted about 2 rides. Its the same deal with my sport quads. Am i doing something wrong? maybe i should stick with OEM brakes?[/b]
Maybe not you...but there's definitely something wrong there. Is it the front brakes only? Unless they were 4,000 mile rides, there's a problem.[/b][/b][/quote]

Yes its on the front brakes. Not sure on the back, I have never checked them nore do I know how.

·
Registered
11 Posts
IVE GOT 37 MILES ON MY 07 BF 750I AND MY FRONT PADS ARE ABOUT 1/3 TO 1/2 WORN AWAY. SAME THING HAPPENED ON MY SUZUKI, GOT 100 MILES ON FRONT PADS AND WERE METAL TO METAL. IM TRYING SOME SINTERED BRONZE PADS , WILL POST WHEN I SEE HOW THEY WILL DO. I ALSO HAVE A SUPPLIER ( I WK FOR NAPA ) WHO HAS SUGGESTED HAVING THE OE PADS RELINED WITH A WOVEN KEVLAR MATERIAL. WILL TRY IF THE BRONZE DONT LAST ANY LONGER.

·
Registered
11 Posts
IVE GOT 37 MILES ON MY 07 BF 750I AND MY FRONT PADS ARE ABOUT 1/3 TO 1/2 WORN AWAY. SAME THING HAPPENED ON MY SUZUKI, GOT 100 MILES ON FRONT PADS AND WERE METAL TO METAL. IM TRYING SOME SINTERED BRONZE PADS , WILL POST WHEN I SEE HOW THEY WILL DO. I ALSO HAVE A SUPPLIER ( I WK FOR NAPA ) WHO HAS SUGGESTED HAVING THE OE PADS RELINED WITH A WOVEN KEVLAR MATERIAL. WILL TRY IF THE BRONZE DONT LAST ANY LONGER.

·
Registered
11 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Something is wrong for sure......... I have about 2400 miles on Brute 750 with the original pads and they are just now only a little more than half worn out........Stakk

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Originally posted by Stakk
Something is wrong for sure......... I have about 2400 miles on Brute 750 with the original pads and they are just now only a little more than half worn out........Stakk[/b]
I use my front brakes a whole lot. I also go up and down a lot of hills to. Maybe that's my prob. Maybe I need to start using my rear brakes a little more.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts