Kawasaki Brute Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Brute Force 750
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. Sadly summer is coming to an end here in Upstate NY and I'll be looking for a good snow tire. What does every recommend?. I have tires that are awesome in the mud and rocks, snow, not so much.
And where is the best place for wheel and tire packages. Thanks everyone.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Hood

·
Administrator
14,588 Posts
Fixed it. Well, several factors play in being a good snow tire which is a bit different from other materials. One is the ability to not easily trench through the pack.. but to stay at or near as possible on top..yet have enough traction to propel forward and clear themselves for the next contact round. Also the ability to maintain a line and not drift off to the side is very important. Of all the tires I have tried I have to say my 26" Grim Reapers were the best all around in everything and were exceptional in snow...in fact they were so good, I felt like it was cheating..almost like I was on tracks at times. And being an 8-ply radial the ride was always great...and never had a flat..on any Reaper to date. They are very directional though but..that's OK. It was all this positive experience that lead me to put them on my SxS as well and although there are some distinct differences in behavior, the abilities have never disappointed me. Although there are a number of places you can get tire and wheel packages, I got the best deal on the last set of tires at of all places..Discount Tire. If you are going to do a complete tire and wheel package I might suggest going square with all for 7" wheels with a 5+2 or a 4+3 offset and all 26 x 10" tires. I like the 14" wheels but the 12s are just a good and will give a little more side wall for flex because you will want to run them between 4 & 7 psi. Just my input. I still have an old video of when I first put them on mine. Please excuse the lighting..it was a long time ago...lol.

·
Registered
2007 Brute Force 750
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Fixed it. Well, several factors play in being a good snow tire which is a bit different from other materials. One is the ability to not easily trench through the pack.. but to stay at or near as possible on top..yet have enough traction to propel forward and clear themselves for the next contact round. Also the ability to maintain a line and not drift off to the side is very important. Of all the tires I have tried I have to say my 26" Grim Reapers were the best all around in everything and were exceptional in snow...in fact they were so good, I felt like it was cheating..almost like I was on tracks at times. And being an 8-ply radial the ride was always great...and never had a flat..on any Reaper to date. They are very directional though but..that's OK. It was all this positive experience that lead me to put them on my SxS as well and although there are some distinct differences in behavior, the abilities have never disappointed me. Although there are a number of places you can get tire and wheel packages, I got the best deal on the last set of tires at of all places..Discount Tire. If you are going to do a complete tire and wheel package I might suggest going square with all for 7" wheels with a 5+2 or a 4+3 offset and all 26 x 10" tires. I like the 14" wheels but the 12s are just a good and will give a little more side wall for flex because you will want to run them between 4 & 7 psi. Just my input. I still have an old video of when I first put them on mine. Please excuse the lighting..it was a long time ago...lol.

Thanks for the info. I think my tires are just a very hard compound. And great vid.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts