Kawasaki Brute Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The red warning light came on last week and the reset plug that is supposed to be under the seat is missing on my 2005, 750 Brute. Anybody know which connector
pins to short out to get the light to reset? Or where to get a reset plug? I replaced the belt about 20 running hours ago but at that time the light was out. Any
help appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
13,356 Posts
First, it will never reset if what tripped it on isn't fixed. If the belt didn't do...ie the belt isn't coming apart or the deflection too loose, then it's either the switch or a connector...and/or being that's it's an 05, it may have a buss connector issue as well. After the cause is corrected, there are several proceedures under Brute Technical Articales that can help and...I just looked up the short cap the other day on Cheapcycleparts.com and they are still available. You should get one.

·
Super Moderator
1,104 Posts
Interesting timing. I had my CVT light come on this past weekend. I believe it was a fluke based on what I did, but time will tell. I was parked on a slope, I released the brake and let it coast (with power off and in neutral). I started the engine at a slow roll and the CVT light came on. I'm guessing that the belt slipped when the EB actuator went into action. I could be wrong, but I was able to reset the light and it hasn't came back on yet. I'll post back if it does. This may not help you at all, but figured I'd throw it out there.

·
Super Moderator
13,356 Posts
Interesting timing. I had my CVT light come on this past weekend. I believe it was a fluke based on what I did, but time will tell. I was parked on a slope, I released the brake and let it coast (with power off and in neutral). I started the engine at a slow roll and the CVT light came on. I'm guessing that the belt slipped when the EB actuator went into action. I could be wrong, but I was able to reset the light and it hasn't came back on yet. I'll post back if it does. This may not help you at all, but figured I'd throw it out there.
Belt probably slapped the switch and moved it but didn't flip it all the way. Lucky you :) But it does mean you might be getting close...or maybe a little over the max belt deflection.

·
Super Moderator
1,104 Posts
Belt probably slapped the switch and moved it but didn't flip it all the way. Lucky you :) But it does mean you might be getting close...or maybe a little over the max belt deflection.
You're probably right. I replaced my OEM belt on my '09 at around 1,000 miles. I'm at 700 now on my '17.

·
Super Moderator
13,356 Posts
With the key off you might check the connector...might be loose or corroded. All it takes is a split-second break in connection between the two to trigger the code.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts