Kawasaki Brute Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:cuss: Quite aggrevated over this problem. Belt light came on and bike went to limp mode. Checked the toggle switch in the cover and did the belt light reset procedure. Belt toggle switch was not tripped as it was still in on position. Still reset the light and switched the toggle switch back and forth a few times just to be on the safe side. Put it all back together fired up thr bike the belt light was off. Good deal rite??? Not quite. Snap reved the bike two or three times and the bike backfired and the belt light came back on. Reset it all again and  the same thing happened. 3 times it was reset and has all come back to the same thing after a few snap revs the motor goes back to limp mode and the belt light comes on. Now the 4th time the belt light will not reset. I have no clue what to think and the dealer at $90.00 an hour says he will tear into it but he is not sure how long or how much time it will take him to figure it out because he has never really had a problem of this sort before.... Please any help out there. Anyone ever heard of something like this. I have heard of the bad battery and winch system causing this but I have disconnected the winch and the battery is very strong. Please guys (and Gals) any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Tore down the right side of the bike and found the problem or so I believe.... I had a clutch and belt put in the bike around 5 hours ago. I figured at best the belt had just stretched and was needing adjustment again. But what i seem to have found is a little more in depth. It seems that when the dealer put the clutch back together they must have forgotten spacers or somethig because when the belt moves in as the rpm increases the belt is actually rubbing up against a piece of casting from the engine block. The belt upon hitting that piece of casting as you can imagine goes crazy jumping all around. The odd part was is that the toggle switch that kept turning the belt light on was never tripped to the off position so i do not know how the belt light kept coming on. My only guess is that it was rubbing it just enough to trip the light but not fully flip the switch???? Do not understand but the bike is hitting the dealer Wednesday for a full clutch service again. Crazy deal but then again I always get stuck with the uncommon problems.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Is the the light reset instrutions on here somewhere???

Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
Tore down the right side of the bike and found the problem or so I believe.... I had a clutch and belt put in the bike around 5 hours ago. I figured at best the belt had just stretched and was needing adjustment again. But what i seem to have found is a little more in depth. It seems that when the dealer put the clutch back together they must have forgotten spacers or somethig because when the belt moves in as the rpm increases the belt is actually rubbing up against a piece of casting from the engine block. The belt upon hitting that piece of casting as you can imagine goes crazy jumping all around. The odd part was is that the toggle switch that kept turning the belt light on was never tripped to the off position so i do not know how the belt light kept coming on. My only guess is that it was rubbing it just enough to trip the light but not fully flip the switch???? Do not understand but the bike is hitting the dealer Wednesday for a full clutch service again. Crazy deal but then again I always get stuck with the uncommon problems.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts