Kawasaki Brute Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 07 brute. this is my first four wheeler and need little help with what all i have, need, dont need lol. you know the deal. its a 07 NRA edition, 2" lift , 29.5 outlaws, snorkled, full loud ass(to loud) HMF exhaust, K&N filter, aftermarket computer, aftermarket clutch.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
I'm not near GA, but I would recommend changing the K&N filter to a UNI filter or something that doesn't let as much dust through.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I am kinda close to you. I am in the upstate of sc. Still a good lil ride though. Congrats on your new toy. You should be able to get a baffel or canister to get your exhaust a lil more manageable. As far as everything else goes i would assume its more a driver prefrance than anything. Also depends on the type of riding your doing.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am kinda close to you. I am in the upstate of sc. Still a good lil ride though. Congrats on your new toy. You should be able to get a baffel or canister to get your exhaust a lil more manageable. As far as everything else goes i would assume its more a driver prefrance than anything. Also depends on the type of riding your doing.

mostly river riding and mud. I live close to sand hills and will play there some to. The four wheeler is setup the way i want it pretty much. When you let off the throttle it pops and backfires throwing flames out the exhaust. the HMF muffler looks hollow inside. the guy i bought it from says it has always done it since he put exhaust and snorkle along with dynatech CDI. He said the carbs are jetted. He also said i could put the stock CDI back in it and it would stop all the poping and back fireing. i tryed that and it helped some but didnt stop completely.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I found a baffle for the HMF on highlifter for $25 is it worth me buying to reduce the noise?

·
Registered
40 Posts
My guess that any kind of baffle would help. The way you make it sound is that its extreamly loud. I still have the factory exahust on mine. Im getting ready to start doing some upgrades like snorkel, radiator relocation. I have a power modual on mine right now and thats about it. If you are in mud a good bit i would recomend the radiator relocation big time. Mine seems to just catch all kinds of nasty stuff. We went to Parson's Mt. this past Sunday. Very first time through the loop i hit mud and was trying to over heat the rest of the day. That dosent sound like a bad price on the baffle though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts