Kawasaki Brute Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Dodge, Chrysler, Plymouth is what I drive but Kawasaki is what I RIDE
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a career change because I see the company I'm working for headed for the skids. That has happened to me before and I don't want to be standing in the unemployment line again especially at 55. :confused:

I'm not a big powersports fan but I do like riding and I like the "folks" that are into it. Always real down to earth people. Kind and good natured folks. But if you asked me about the best motocross riders, etc I couldn't tell you. The area of Tennessee I live it is all about trail riding. There are several big name powersports dealers in the city 25 miles from here but none in the town I live in. I have plenty of business experience but not in the powersport area. I would love to be a Kawasaki dealer but there are already several big name dealers in the surrounding cities. So my idea is to deal in under (or not at) represented brands. Brands like CFMoto and HiSUN just to name a couple.
Along with being a dealer I would carry parts, accessories, riding gear, etc.
My original idea was to call it "Farm and Trail " and sell powersupports plus tractor implements. But in the last few years several farm related dealer popped up with pricing that stuff so cheap I wouldn't be able to compete.

Watcha think?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Well, one thing is for sure, the Powersports industry is booming right now. Here is a great resource for you to check out. Powersports Business Make sure and sign up for their newsletter and they also have a magazine you can download from the newsletter to see the different things going on in the industry. I am sure you could get some leads on lines you could carry. It sounds exciting to me and I think if you know how to sell and market you would do well.

·
Registered
Dodge, Chrysler, Plymouth is what I drive but Kawasaki is what I RIDE
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, one thing is for sure, the Powersports industry is booming right now. Here is a great resource for you to check out. Powersports Business Make sure and sign up for their newsletter and they also have a magazine you can download from the newsletter to see the different things going on in the industry. I am sure you could get some leads on lines you could carry. It sounds exciting to me and I think if you know how to sell and market you would do well.
Yeah, I've glanced at there e-magazine before. Not a bad resource. I've toyed with this idea for this business for a couple years now. The PowerSports business as whole is doing well but I would say the economy is shaky right now and it is why my current job isn't looking so hot for the near future. Another thing is the small town I'm in as a rule is a tough place to keep a small business going mainly because of the rural nature of the place; but that is changing. There is a new home construction boom here and people are moving in. The locals are amazed because there are not a lot of jobs to be had here but it is people that want to leave the cities and live in the country. That is why I moved here 4 years ago.
There are several OHV parks not far from here and we are on the main route to some popular ones. So many of the potential customer are passing through but we know they have a real interested in off roading.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts