Kawasaki Brute Forum banner

Any serious issue's with the 2016/2017 BF750's/EPS

3K views 13 replies 3 participants last post by  SWBF900 
#1 ·
Getting back on a New Leftover Brute, I found allot of the leftover 16's and 17' units and even a few new 15's, all color's and located nationwide at dealers. For these prices today though I am buying New. Any insight is appreciated. My 2012 EPS was trouble free,

#2 ·
The 2015" Brutes were solid except some did have issues with the power steering being weak or non-functional...even though some dealers is state to these people it was normal. Your 2012's P/S was about the same as the SATV's I had on my 2006 so it was very noticeable where people say their 2017-18s felt like it didn't have any at all. They did change the system in 2015 and maybe this came with a different feel. I can only say test it before buying it. Is this for you or Danny? :) Can't see Danny giving up his Grizz.

#3 ·
Not Danny, he is 100% happy with his Suzy 500.
It is for me, I'm selling the wildcat trail and the livin-lite toyhauler rv(was going to sell it anyway in a few years but i might as well do it now)
I rode my friends 2016 BF EPS and it felt fine to me but Kawasaki's powersteering isn't noticeable like some of the other brands, i don't have a issue with it.

#7 · (Edited)
Truck would be a big regret to let go, so it is staying. Mainly because after pricing out a new F150 I would end up paying more now than my new then 2016 F350 and have half the truck with a 1/2 ton. My F350 has been 100% trouble free since day 1, not even 1 recall, all I do are the schedule service's on time and keep it shiny as possible, I've owned it since August 2015.
So then my Utility Trailer will be a added on option if someone needs it for the Wildcat and what that Utility Trailer cost today I can sell it for the same price I paid for it 3yrs ago plus a little bit more $.
I'm going to hold off though till both the Wildcat and RV sell, as the picking of the leftover model years are out there, I'm not concerned with waiting.
I have found 3 so far within 300 miles from my home of the '09 750's, 2 with less than 500 miles on each and a Team Green with 1100 miles or just go ahead and get a new leftover model(EPS of course).
In the meantime I will continue to search to see what is out there on the leftover model yrs, the prices are all over the place. Since I am not ready to call on any of the Leftover unit's yet, I'm not sure if the prices I am seeing are real or not (Some are very high), so high they are the same price as a 2021 model. Who would buy a leftover 5yr old model at the 2021 price/not me but other dealer's have these same model years marked down but still a bit over value, imo.
It is just not the Kawie's either, other brands have allot of New unsold models in that same time period from 2015 on, along with the inflated prices.
I will be getting some kind of Brute and if it is a leftover yr model which I am leaning to, then it could be anywhere from a 2016 SE Team Green Painted Brute to a 2020 Awesome Orange.
Only time will tell what I end up with, be nice if it happens in the next 30 days..

#8 ·
Awesome. Glad you are keeping the truck. After seeing how well it pulled my camper I wish I had it...lol...but then I would have a problem taking my SxS. Guess I would need a toy hauler. The ol' lady and I are seeing the time come pretty soon where we may sell that anyway. She really doesn't like going for rides that much...and I really could use less to deal with. Still...I like to hit the trails so maybe someday I'll go back to an ATV..with very good power steering cause my shoulders are shot.

#9 ·
OK, found out all of those posting's of past year model's were before Covid, these stealer's never updated their posting's, idiots
Still may end up doing it with a 2020 Orange unit or a white 2021..

#11 ·
I was going to ask how you were finding all these new left over units. I really liked the Orange 2020 color option. I was going to buy that color when I bought mine but ended up going with the camo because no one within 100 miles had an orange and my dealer made me a good deal on the camo. My 6 year old son still tells me we should have gotten an orange one though haha. I have ridden my brother in laws 2012 and my 2020 and side by side and other than the color you can't tell a difference between them. His power steering seems to be slightly stronger than my 2020 but not a huge difference.

With the current market you should be able to sell that SxS, toy hauler, and utility trailer for a pretty penny. I sold my 7x14 utility trailer for almost 1k more than I paid for it 2 years ago and sold my RZR 570 last summer for exactly what I had paid for it 4-5 years ago. Crazy times we are in right now for sure. It's nice if you are in the selling market but not the buying market.

#12 · (Edited)
Your right, I'm about a week away from listing my Toyhauler RV, I was going to hold off a bit before I listed the wildcat but I am getting ready to list it by this weekend. For now I'll hold on to the utility trailer.
I have found more than a half a dozen of the Orange 2020's but they all are at $10,599 msrp, I believe the dealer's aren't allowed anymore to list prices other than msrp, unless Kawasaki has a special price reduction on a certain model. A '21 White unit is $600 less, there are none at the NM Dealer's statewide that I can find, so I'll be going out-of-state, that is why the 2020 orange is still in the mix as I have to go out-of-state anyway.
Checking the local atv/utv's for sale, the sidexside's I've seen for sale aren't any available in the lower price range where I am going to list mine at ($9,750).
And I could still say the heck with it and check on the 2 recent 09's that have become available but once again out-of-state(300 miles 1-way).

#13 ·
Allot of those listings were outdated and not updated, they (Dealers) just wanted you to call to sell you something else and now days, nobody has anything in stock.
The 3 Orange 2020's that I found are still overpriced, found a 2020 Camo in AZ for $7500, low price but I didn't call on it. a 16' with less than 100 miles on it and way overpriced and I believe a 18' in WY.
I found a 19' in Colorado and bought it right at bluebook, it is a LE Model with very low miles.

#14 ·
I actually ended up selling my Wildcat Trail at Bluebook which was $8500, so I got nothing for all of my extras I had on it. But that is the way it is here, very seldom can you get your upgrades that you put into it, I now kick myself for giving in and selling the stock Wildcat shocks. I could have very easily gotten a Good $1K out of the Bandit series 46 stage 3 shocks I had on the WC. I wasn't concerned with the other upgrades I installed, I never change-out the wheels or the stock skid plates on the WC. I almost took off the LED Whip but decided it was too long of a whip to use on the Brute and do I really need a whip on my fast Brute..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.