Kawasaki Brute Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone on here live in ontario??
be nice to hook up with ppl in this area to share trails/ride together....
just thought i'd throw it out there!!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I live in Ottawa.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am in Montreal, but I have no problem with hauling bike just about anywhere to ride.

Tell me how does it work in Ontario do you need to have a trail pass,can outsiders buy a day pass if so, How much? Here we need to be a member of a club which is a member of the Federation @ $120. per year,and also must have 1/2 million liability insurance and of course the Quad must be registered.

·
Registered
49 Posts
hello My family is in Welland Ontario, near Niagara Falls , we are new to the quad scene, i have the quads plated and insured not sure about what the official rules are for riding and stuff, we have a area the quads, bike and the 4x4 truck usually go and no one seems to bother any one

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
sounds like BC has the lightest rules so far. but its changing lol

all we need is 200,000 thrird party liability to ride on forest service roads..dont need anything if you stay on trails. costs me 125 per year cause im not a club member or anything. licence and reggy is comming next spring for us though.

·
Registered
717 Posts
sounds like BC has the lightest rules so far. but its changing lol

all we need is 200,000 thrird party liability to ride on forest service roads..dont need anything if you stay on trails. costs me 125 per year cause im not a club member or anything. licence and reggy is comming next spring for us though.

i have been buying insurance since the day i bought my bike dec 07. and i have been to spots where cops where there patrolling the area.. and i have YET, to be asked for insurance, im waiting for the day they enforce it and ask for it. so many of my friends that ride don't even have insurance.

·
Super Moderator
13,594 Posts
i have been buying insurance since the day i bought my bike dec 07. and i have been to spots where cops where there patrolling the area.. and i have YET, to be asked for insurance, im waiting for the day they enforce it and ask for it. so many of my friends that ride don't even have insurance.
Funny. Here, if is goes on a public road, it must be licensed and insured. Quads, although are not allowed on any public road still must be registred but need no insurance. I have no, and never did have any insurance. But I pay the registration fees like a good citizion every year despite that fact that they have almost closed-off all places to ride around here.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts

the first friken time i went out riding my quad i got stopped by a conservation officer and he nailed me for dam near 400 bucks for not having liability insurance.
I had no clue in the world that it was required at the time, but he woulnt cut me a break. so now i just pay the hundred or so dollars every spring and renew it.

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
All u guys need to move to Arkansas, we ride and go where we want, shoot and eat what we want and drink till we drop. Long as we don't drink and drive your pretty good to go here. I went to MuleGate yesterday for the SAU ballgame and its been raining all week. Got toasted and ate till I couldn't stand it. Grills going at every frat and Sor site. The mud was unbeliable. Got ready to try to drive home after the game and people were stuck everywhere. I pulled over 20 vehicels out of the mud with my Hummer before I could leave, one of them was a campus cop. F-250 4x4 buried up to the axles, Z71 chevy, Avalanch, and 2 jeeps. Everybody was much impressed with the H3 on 35's. I put it in 4wd low, first gear and just drug em all out. The F-250 almost got me stuck, He was a load, I sunk down pretty good and manged to get loose from him and get out, then backed up with a longer tow strap and snapped him three or four times pretty good and out he came... I was sobered up by the time I got to go home, but muddy as hell. Spent three hours cleaning up the H3 this morning. and left a hell-a-mess in the car wash bay....

·
Super Moderator
13,594 Posts
All u guys need to move to Arkansas, we ride and go where we want, shoot and eat what we want and drink till we drop. Long as we don't drink and drive your pretty good to go here. I went to MuleGate yesterday for the SAU ballgame and its been raining all week. Got toasted and ate till I couldn't stand it. Grills going at every frat and Sor site. The mud was unbeliable. Got ready to try to drive home after the game and people were stuck everywhere. I pulled over 20 vehicels out of the mud with my Hummer before I could leave, one of them was a campus cop. F-250 4x4 buried up to the axles, Z71 chevy, Avalanch, and 2 jeeps. Everybody was much impressed with the H3 on 35's. I put it in 4wd low, first gear and just drug em all out. The F-250 almost got me stuck, He was a load, I sunk down pretty good and manged to get loose from him and get out, then backed up with a longer tow strap and snapped him three or four times pretty good and out he came... I was sobered up by the time I got to go home, but muddy as hell. Spent three hours cleaning up the H3 this morning. and left a hell-a-mess in the car wash bay....
Yup. that's you...Mr....Niceguy. :cool:

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
U know there is always a motive! U should have seen the chicks at this thing. I had four different ones come up and want to ride in the Hummer while I was pullin folks out slingin mud. I wish I had taken some pics. I met one that wants me to take her huntin.... Yep, that's me, MR NICE GUY!! I'll send pics....

·
Registered
14 Posts
Im in St.Catharines Onatario

·
Registered
2 Posts
New guy from Windsor Ontario Canada.

Reactions: eljunimiiemi

·
Registered
46 Posts
Well, I live in the Ottawa area, but I just got back from riding from near Elliot Lake, Ontario for the May long weekend. Long drive but well worth it. No mishap this time though. Was able to wipe my azz this time, and I didn't bail the bike. Another guy did on the same spot I did last year, sprained his wrist real good on a yamaha timber wolf, lol. I didnt think they had enough spunk to actually get air.

15 atv's 2 dirt bikes and 25 guys raising havoc and having a good time.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Gotta luv a hummer! My wife has an H3 on 33"s with a rear locker. It may be the best vehicle I've ever seen in mud and snow. Although I did have to replace the transmission at 70,000 miles.

Sorry for the thread hijack.

Reactions: eljunimiiemi

·
0 Posts
I live close to Napanee. We ride the Cloyne trails almost every week. Just came back to Kawasaki after 4 1/2 years on Outlanders. There are thousands of pictures of our rides divided by year in My Photo link at the bottom and on You Tube search my channell - My17A for over 200 video's.
I'm picking up the new BF on Friday and Saturday we're hittin the trails. Anyone wants to join us - Hunt Road in Cloyne @0900hrs.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts