Kawasaki Brute Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got it... Samsung scmx10. scandisk memory card camera. This is what I got for 299$ (pictured). It has a 34x optical zoom and a 1200 digital zoom. (who uses those? LOL) . In superfine mode (anything less is piexelated) you get 28 minutes per gig of SD card. So a 4 gig card would be about 2 hours. PLENTLY of record time. I got the 1 gig free with purchase at Circuit city plus a free camera pack... some promo they have this week.

No seams, no moving parts (other than the zoom lens). You could submerge this in sand and it would still work.

Picture indoors at night is better than that Sony camera that cost twice as much... still dark but hell it's a cheap cam. I haven't used it during the day yet but it should work just fine. It has a widescreen LCD but only records in standard. You can upload these right into your computer or plug this in and watch it on your TV.. You transfer them to a tape, or burn them on DVD to archive.

I'm done, this is the one.. I am happy... no more camera searching for me.

Should make a great helmet cam, you could jump or drop down a dune without stutter since there is no moving parts.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWQ62Qnib4w

I made that with the new camera. It looks really sharp but I had to edit the video which means I had to drag it through a couple of different programs, it lost a bit of the sharpness and the frame rate dropped slightly. Not the camera's fault at all... it's just that my computer is so slow I have to take shortcuts or I'll be here all night just trying to edit the video.

·
0 Posts
video is cool!

the only downside to those pipes is they drown out the whining of the blower. which is my favorite sound ever. :nod:

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by 764
video is cool!

the only downside to those pipes is they drown out the whining of the blower. which is my favorite sound ever. :nod:
Well I could put the stocker back on just for kicks. :unibrow:

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by MetalAlien+--><div class='quotetop'>(MetalAlien)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-764
video is cool!

Well I could put the stocker back on just for kicks. :unibrow:[/b]
LOL, there ya go!

E

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by MetalAlien
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWQ62Qnib4w

I made that with the new camera. It looks really sharp but I had to edit the video which means I had to drag it through a couple of different programs, it lost a bit of the sharpness and the frame rate dropped slightly. Not the camera's fault at all... it's just that my computer is so slow I have to take shortcuts or I'll be here all night just trying to edit the video.
Get a Apple computer and max it out with 16 gb's of ram and you can edit quickly .

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
that would imply I spend money on computers.. I don't. This one is a free computer from like 1999 or something....LOL It can't even play the video at full resolution 720x480. it can play the 320x240 though...

I found an A-data 4 gig SD card for like 50 somehting bucks, so now I can record for 1 hour 53 minutes... awesome! I haven't been able to do that for a year!

I can make the video look sharper than that with a smoother framerate. I just didn't think that video was worth the time it would take. The dumont videos I get this weekend I will take the time to do it right.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts