Kawasaki Brute Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I was to block off the hole on the rear of the airbox and Install a new hole on the top lid will this work, or will it restrict air? I just don't like where that hole is located. And I don't want to snorkel either. Also i'm running #42 pilots jets

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have been trying to make one for the last two months with little success on to to the clearance between the lid and filter. I have tried about 4 different designs with an extra lid , but so far i have gone all the way to 3in opening with a 90' pvc flush mounted to the lid but it is hard to match the airflow it gets from the front opening with out jetting to low.Gonna try to glass a tube font to back to allow more airflow, cause there is only 1/4" to 1/2" inbetween the lid and filter without finding a shorter filter.

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok if the hole in the top is not working then what about a hole in the side of the airbox and just bring a 2" pipe up from that. Hell I don't know. Lol

·
Registered
14 Posts
well right now i am close to getting enough airflow, i am close to the measurements of the front opening, just gotta be able to spread the incoming airflow a little better from the top of the lid to the bottom. i am in the same boat, i really dont like snorkles sticking out in the open and there is very little room to hide them like on a popo in the pod. i had my airbox ran there but it pushed the plastic out to much when turing hard right, the belt intake and exhaust were ran with flexible vac hose to both sides of the airbox under the plastic which was perfect for me cause i aint going to deep.

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
<div class='quotetop'></div>
Originally posted by bimrancher
well right now i am close to getting enough airflow, i am close to the measurements of the front opening, just gotta be able to spread the incoming airflow a little better from the top of the lid to the bottom. i am in the same boat, i really dont like snorkles sticking out in the open and there is very little room to hide them like on a popo in the pod. i had my airbox ran there but it pushed the plastic out to much when turing hard right, the belt intake and exhaust were ran with flexible vac hose to both sides of the airbox under the plastic which was perfect for me cause i aint going to deep.[/b]
What about some type of aftermarket air filter? I was thinking about installing a twin air filter. I think there shorter then stock. Yea I'm not going into deep water either. I flooded the engine 1 time already with water and Fred the crank bearings up. So no more deep water for me. Lol

·
Registered
66 Posts
google "ehs racing" and look at their brute air box lids. I ordered just the filter for $15 and cut my lid then added black silicone to hold the filter on. It gave me back all my airflow the snorkles took away. I've just been to lazt to cut me some aluminum to put around the edge of the filter to make it pretty.....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts