Kawasaki Brute Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
22" extremes?

If so, how do you like them? I've got 24" extremes and love the flotation but I really think that they might be lugging my fat ass up the hill. I was thinking that with a set of 22s, I might be able to get some more rpm or atleast keep the rpms that I started with at the bottom of the hill.

I'm talking about Sand Mountain NV. 650ft mountain.

steve-

·
Registered
254 Posts
Not to take 764's pic thread in another direction but... you might just need to change your primary spring.

·
Registered
530 Posts
For sure change out some springs i run Epi Maroon with 58 gram weights and Vforcejohn's stage 2 clutch mod and my bike pull's from the bottom of the hill to the top with my 24's and i am a fat ass at :shock: 360..And those are 24's on 764's bike to

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by dartbrandx
22" extremes?

If so, how do you like them? I've got 24" extremes and love the flotation but I really think that they might be lugging my fat ass up the hill. I was thinking that with a set of 22s, I might be able to get some more rpm or atleast keep the rpms that I started with at the bottom of the hill.

I'm talking about Sand Mountain NV. 650ft mountain.

steve-
climbing pretty much any hill with the 24" extremes is pretty much a non-event... It's still fun but there is never any doubt you will make it.

unlike my old 21" suckazz gecko's... pieces of shee-it the dealer sold me.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ya,

My first experience with "sand tires" for my V were the sand GAY-ckos. Boy there is no good word to describe them. How about just plain USELESS.

My 24"s will take me anywhere I point my bike. I've gone up some razorbacks at sand mountain that I probably shouldn't have :shock: My bike is called "the couch" with all my friends. The problem is when I'm running up the big "comp hill", It seems I'm running out of power. Nothing is slipping or anything like that. I'm just losing momentum about mid hill and well....that's where the little bastard shifter bikes start to overtake me!! :x

Could it be that I'm starring at 250ish lbs????!?!?!!!

I think it's time to bump the compression. 730 kit or something like that.

Then I can put on the sticker that says "You just got passed by a couch!"

steve-

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by dartbrandx
Ya,

My first experience with "sand tires" for my V were the sand GAY-ckos. Boy there is no good word to describe them. How about just plain USELESS.

My 24"s will take me anywhere I point my bike. I've gone up some razorbacks at sand mountain that I probably shouldn't have :shock: My bike is called "the couch" with all my friends. The problem is when I'm running up the big "comp hill", It seems I'm running out of power. Nothing is slipping or anything like that. I'm just losing momentum about mid hill and well....that's where the little bastard shifter bikes start to overtake me!! :x

Could it be that I'm starring at 250ish lbs????!?!?!!!

I think it's time to bump the compression. 730 kit or something like that.

Then I can put on the sticker that says "You just got passed by a couch!"

steve-
Yep you are on it...

when it gets really steep and long it's time for more power...

Break out the wallet... :cry:

I'm 270 and at Sand Mountain (UTAH) at WOT our V's would get down to 16 MPH... not a ton more than running pace...

The big bore guys did it at like 45 MPH plus...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts