Kawasaki Brute Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 2017 KVH750JHF at an auction . Whoever had it attempted to snorkel it. There was a piece of a vacuum hose for the intake, some other type hose for the cover vent, a real botched job. I also found a opened pocket knife and a pair of pliers in the wiring under the front cover. Anyway the ECM was tie wrapped to the steering post.

What I need to know is where the ECM is mounted, there is a post on one end and a hole for a bolt on the other. I know it goes in there somehow but can't seem to see where it goes. A pic of the ECM in the right place would help. I don't want to tie wrap back where it was, but the wires are short and not much place to go from where it is connected.

won't let me attach a jpeg.

·
Super Moderator
13,286 Posts
I bought a 2017 KVH750JHF at an auction . Whoever had it attempted to snorkel it. There was a piece of a vacuum hose for the intake, some other type hose for the cover vent, a real botched job. I also found a opened pocket knife and a pair of pliers in the wiring under the front cover. Anyway the ECM was tie wrapped to the steering post.

What I need to know is where the ECM is mounted, there is a post on one end and a hole for a bolt on the other. I know it goes in there somehow but can't seem to see where it goes. A pic of the ECM in the right place would help. I don't want to tie wrap back where it was, but the wires are short and not much place to go from where it is connected.

won't let me attach a jpeg.
Yeah you need 5 post before you can upload anything. I suggest getting the shop manual or go to cheapcycleparts.com and look up the frame electronics. It will show where all things are.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Finally found it on partzilla. The bracket that holds the ECM ESP was missing. It was under the steering section for some reason. $50 of parts will keep the $600 ESP from bouncing around!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts