Kawasaki Brute Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought the manual 4x4 engagement kit, and when I pulled the oem electric one off the axle I noticed the block that slides the gear over had a lot of wear on it. Is this normal or something else wrong?

·
Super Moderator
13,310 Posts
I bought the manual 4x4 engagement kit, and when I pulled the oem electric one off the axle I noticed the block that slides the gear over had a lot of wear on it. Is this normal or something else wrong?
If you mean the little square part that rotates and slides the coupler in and out of eggagement, wear does happen but its normally slight. That coupler rotates with the pinion and if there are contaminates in the oil, or its low...or always dirty, it well wear it and the grove it rides in much quicker. If your manual block also fits the grove loosely, then I suggest replacing the coupler because if it doesn't get 100% seated it will pop-out and damage the mechenazum. It's easy enough to do.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes that’s the block, the collar didn’t look worn, the side pushing it into4 wheel had the wear. I wondered if it had to do with it pushing on it wrong due to the motor not working properly?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If you mean the little square part that rotates and slides the coupler in and out of eggagement, wear does happen but its normally slight. That coupler rotates with the pinion and if there are contaminates in the oil, or its low...or always dirty, it well wear it and the grove it rides in much quicker. If your manual block also fits the grove loosely, then I suggest replacing the coupler because if it doesn't get 100% seated it will pop-out and damage the mechenazum. It's easy enough to do.
I will change diff. Fluid and clean it up good

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Attachments

29 Posts
The pictures are quite blurry, not sure if that's my computer not loading. However, the block still looks like a rectangle so I think you are good to go. I have seen that block look like a triangle and the customer didn't want to look inside his diff so he just put the manual actuator in. He road for a full day, using 4wd often, then took the new actuator off and the block didn't show any wear. I never heard from him again so I assume it is still working without any problems.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts