Kawasaki Brute Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I got my 2021 750 yesterday with under 200 miles, the 4wd switch worked yesterday within 4 or 5 seconds, today it doesn't want to switch in or out without shifting to reverse and rolling a few feet if that even works. I live in ne pa, lot of steep rocky hills followed by long straightaways, I need to go in and out but it takes forever. Any thoughts???

·
Super Moderator
14,100 Posts
A few things with the Kawasaki system. One, the actuator controller must receive a signal from the speed sensor. It can be as little a 2mph and as much as 12mph. Any more or less it won't function. Two- the coupler and actuator components can and will become damaged if shifting is done under power or on hard deceleration. The first sign of damage is slow or non shifting in and/or out of 4wd. Three-, and this may be your issue, as the dif-loc friction disks break in they fill the front diff's oil with fragments. These can and do cause the coupler or slide to work slow and even bind at times. Change the front diff's oil and see to it the cable for the diff-loc is set correctly or I suggest..slightly loose..as this will increase the life of the diaks.

·
Registered
15 Posts
So I got my 2021 750 yesterday with under 200 miles, the 4wd switch worked yesterday within 4 or 5 seconds, today it doesn't want to switch in or out without shifting to reverse and rolling a few feet if that even works. I live in ne pa, lot of steep rocky hills followed by long straightaways, I need to go in and out but it takes forever. Any thoughts???
I own a 2021 brute when switched it goes into 4wd at 4km an hour or would be 2.4 miles an hour and comes out of 4wd when switched at 4km an hour without fail everytime

1 - 4 of 4 Posts