Kawasaki Brute Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I have a 04 brute and I had issues with the 4wd blinking light showing issue with the 4wd actuator.
Changed the pot got the error out and actuator tests fine outside of diff (switches to 4wd and 2wd as it should with the switch and speed), does engage 4wd in the diff but says it is in 2wd and won’t disengage.

Any thoughts?

·
Administrator
14,493 Posts
May be time for a manual 4wd system from sgroi innovations.com. The actuator controller isn't getting the proper signals from the actuator's position switch or the controller has a problem. Oh and..at least here in the US, there were no Brute Forces prior to the 2005 model year.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Hi
I have a 04 brute and I had issues with the 4wd blinking light showing issue with the 4wd actuator.
Changed the pot got the error out and actuator tests fine outside of diff (switches to 4wd and 2wd as it should with the switch and speed), does engage 4wd in the diff but says it is in 2wd and won’t disengage.

Any thoughts?
It sounds like more of an electrical issue. Check out our Sure 4 manual 4wd kits! Cable operated and bypasses all electronics to give you reliable 4WD. Never deal with replacing your 4WD actuator again ;) Kawasaki Brute Force - Prairie Products

1 - 3 of 3 Posts