Kawasaki Brute Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking of selling the Foreman 500 for a 360 Prairie 4x4. If you have a 360 Prairie 4x4 let me know how you like it and if it has the power for a good trail quad. The main thing is the power . The Honda 500 is 2x4 and I need a 4x4.

·
Premium Member
3,247 Posts
I have ridden vtprairie's P360 on several occasions. Plenty of power for general trail riding. It is definetely not a rocket, but has enough power to get the job done. My girlfriend has ridden it several times, as well, and likes it very much. The steering effort is very light. Sometimes, it is more fun to ride than the P650, as it does not tire you out as much on tight trails.

·
Registered
302 Posts
My wife has an 07 Prairie 360 4x4 in the Polar white color! She really enjoys the bike! I believe it is a perfect size for someone like that! It has plenty of get up and go for an engine that size, however it doesn't compare at all to the Brute and nor should it because those bikes are in two totally different leagues! The four wheel drive system works excellent and is exactly the same as you find on the Brutes, complete with the diff lock. My wife wanted something a bit less intimidating than a Brute. She said the physical size of the Brute as well as the power was a little to much and she is an excellent, experienced rider. We tried out the 360 and she instantly fell in love with it! I'd say go for it, you can have an absolute blast with it on the trails! It handles well like Adirondack Man said and it rides very good too! Keep us posted on your decision.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I am going to start a kit for this bike as it it a big seller...a lot of dealers sell this under false pretense ...its a or the best work horse out there ...sturdy same as V frame....some foks what mild cam and a piston and jug and would be happy, if kept mild, and get 15hp...I think its the best bike quad ever built as is and has the V twin drive train it cant be hurt with 28 hp....as comes...I think there could be 650 V twin hp out of that motor but nbo one wants to fool with it....there has only been 160,000 of these sold between the twins and this bike ...half has been this sickly powered bike in a a high hp frame and those that have these would love to have a big bore and pipe and performance clutch...heck this could be the machine in the 5oo lites class in gncc racing...every one is setting around going DUH ...ive seen these underpowered machines in action and they are one hell of a general quad and the top of the food chain ...price and shootouts in mags ....Its a enimic prairie that could put out 45 hp as akit....I think I will go to work on a budget kit for these this winter ....Ithink there is a wolf in sheeps clothing here  8)

·
Premium Member
2,097 Posts
I love my 360 its perfect for my Boy and I actually enjoy riding it esp on tight trails. It does handle much better then my brute in those situations. its not fast @45-50 mph top speed depending how big a person you are. It already has the same secondary as the brute so if went with a bigger tire you don't have to change the springs but you will lose because of the weight. I did put a pink primary and vforce weights to give better low end RPM's which I believe helped esp when plowing.Great all around machine i have been very pleased with it, but no speedometer standerd sucks there around 100 bucks and it really is nice to have.They ride well same brakes as the vtwins locker and mine has been bullet proof.

·
Registered
302 Posts
  Seriously VTprairie?  No speedo?  My wifes came with one!  Never knew that, just assumed they all came with them.  Heh, lucked out I guess!!  Analog dial for speedo and a digital hour, trip and odometer!

·
Premium Member
2,097 Posts
<div class='quotetop'></div>
  Seriously VTprairie?  No speedo?  My wifes came with one!  Never knew that, just assumed they all came with them.  Heh, lucked out I guess!!  Analog dial for speedo and a digital hour, trip and odometer![/b]
yup look on kawie's site its optional i bought one from my dealer for 90 bucks. It really should have one standerd.

·
Registered
302 Posts
I agree with you, it should come standard!!

·
Premium Member
2,097 Posts
I can't complain I bought it for 3200 its an 06 and I have had it for a bout a year so I got a good price for it and it had a winch as well

·
Registered
302 Posts
  Excellent!  I'll see if I can dig up a pic of my wifes Prairie and post it!

·
Premium Member
2,097 Posts
its the perfect quad for my son he just turned 16 not real cordinated and the stability and the power of the 360 has fit him well

·
Registered
302 Posts
  Yep, I believe you!  It's an excellent bike!  My wife is a very experienced rider but she's quite a tiny gal and likewise she just said the size and power fits her well!!

·
Premium Member
2,097 Posts
actually I enjoy riding my 360 in the woods because I can throw it around and really crank the throttle

·
Registered
302 Posts
Found a pic of here bike!  Forgive the winter photo!!  Sheesh! 

Attachments

·
Registered
302 Posts
  Thx VTprairie!  Momma's really proud of it!  She picked out her own rims, the ITP SS 108!  We opted to stick with the stock tires for now.  We mostly trail ride and I kind of wanted to keep the weight down on the machine.  But who knows,  always lookin to add and do more stuff to the bikes so it could end up with a set in the near future! You running different tires on your kids' Prairie?  If so what are they and did it rob a lot of power?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts