Kawasaki Brute Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
951 Posts
Man I hear these horror story's all the time in touch with a guy now that has a 13 model that the shop has had more than he has .l also had a non repairable 4wd system replaced all components still no 4wd was ready to burn it an go Honda started doing some reasearch an came up with the manual engagement idea after several proto types I came up with this version that has worked flawless an with well over 150 machines running them now I have no complants from the operators ,I do understand some have no problems with the OEM system but there's a lot of riders that have most older mud bikes but some from trail riders that never see mud, Evan had a few dealers steer owners my way, this is a 1 time fix an takes care of needing to roll to engage or Evan needing to ride in 4wd all day cause of not knowing if it will work if needed View attachment 4139

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
293 Posts
RMAX - If I didn't have the extended warranty, I'd have your manual system installed by now. It's a matter of principle now - I paid for the warranty and I expect it to be fixed or replaced. Also, I'd like to figure out what the problem is because someone else is going to have the same issue and I'd like to save them the time, cost, and PITA.

So your manual kit fits the EPS Brutes? The attachment in your post doesn't work, but I'd like to know more.

NMK - Have you ever heard of one that drains the battery (not always, just sometimes)? And it seems to burn out part of the ACU. There's got to be some sort of faulty ACU design in the newer Brutes.

I'm going to hook the battery back up and see if I can find what's drawing the current. I suspect it's the 4wd actuator but it's very difficult to find because it's so intermittant. I'll check for mechanical problems, too.:confused:

·
Registered
951 Posts
It will fit all the brutes 05 thru current production an also all prairies I here you on the warranty we just new have had any luck getting anything fixed thru warranty Kawie or the canned hams or had a shop that I would trust to work on my grand daughters little red wagon I think most of the 1s I sent to the newer machine owners just got tired of a dealer having it more than them View attachment 4141

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

21 - 25 of 25 Posts