Kawasaki Brute Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just wondering for next spring when I buy new tires since my 26" ITP Mudlies are almost 1/2 warn..
Anyway.. Do you think my 650i stock except for my HMF and Dyno jet kit, will be able to turn 27" Interco Black Mambas? The Interco website says they way 50 lbs each.. So I'm just wondering if I'll be able to turn Them fine in the mud with stock clutching and axles..

Black Mamba | Interco Tire

Thanks!

·
Registered
55 Posts
At 50lbs a piece, you'll definatly need some clutch work done.

I run 26x10x12 Kenda Executioners on all 4 and I notice a difference, so double that.... clutch springs and a vfj mod will do the trick.

·
Super Moderator
13,517 Posts
I'm just wondering for next spring when I buy new tires since my 26" ITP Mudlies are almost 1/2 warn..
Anyway.. Do you think my 650i stock except for my HMF and Dyno jet kit, will be able to turn 27" Interco Black Mambas? The Interco website says they way 50 lbs each.. So I'm just wondering if I'll be able to turn Them fine in the mud with stock clutching and axles..

Black Mamba | Interco Tire

Thanks!
One thing to take into consideration is that it's not just the weight of a tire like a Black Mamba, it the also the additional load it puts on the drive system doing ...or going ..where it was intended to go...which is deep, thick mud. Your 650 engine can power them in most situations but not without atleast some beefer springs in your clutch to get the traction/grip and the ratios necessary to keep the belt from toasting itself in every hole. The Black Mamba is not a trail-friendly tire...that is it wasn't designed for high-speed riding so top end loss won't be a worry and 40 will be about your max speed. In that case the Red secondary will be good for hard mudding, one of the greens or the Almond for a bit of combo riding and either the Maroon or Pink primary would be a good combo. I don't recommend a stouter primary with the stock 58 gram weights but some do like a higher stall so maybe a red but any stouter you may want to consider some different weights. Talk to VFJ about his. They are the best.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Never even thought about top speed.. Never mind about the mambas haha. I like going fast:D

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What tire would you guys recommend? I ride Open hard packed trails, mud, and snow and ice in the winter, but the mud i do ride is either thick mud with small ruts or watery mud with deep, deep ruts ( thats why i was considering the Mambas.) i either want a 26" or 27"

·
Registered
55 Posts
What tire would you guys recommend? I ride Open hard packed trails, mud, and snow and ice in the winter, but the mud i do ride is either thick mud with small ruts or watery mud with deep, deep ruts ( thats why i was considering the Mambas.) i either want a 26" or 27"

Sounds like we ride very similar terrain.

Currently I'm running 26x10x12 Executioners. ( like I have mentioned ). They do really well in the mud and ruts. I am however considering going with a set of 27" Zillas, due to their light weight. Lighter weight with my power mods = A LOT easier to spin in the thicker deep mud. So that's a tire to consider. Mud bugs are really light as well. Swamp lites are a great trail/winter tire. It all really comes down to personal preference. ( and price I guess! lol ).

Do lots of research, watch lot's of youtube videos, read reviews and talk to different people.

In two years I went from Titan 589s, to Swamplites, to Executioners, and already looking at getting new tires.. haha.

·
Super Moderator
13,517 Posts
Right...there is so much out there to look at and lots of info to review. No tire is perfect for all conditions but some are a good balance for your needs. Its just finding that tire so take your time before buying. Like Wheeler I wend through lots of tire sets in a short time before finding what I consider a set perfect for me...these Grim Reapers.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys! I think I'll go with the mud-zillas because of the bigger lug, but who knows I still have many months until the day comes that I buy new tires haha

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i was looking at 27" outlaws, they weigh 35.4 lbs for the rear (27-12-12) and 30.2 for the front tires (27-9.5-12)
i currently have 26" mudlites which weigh 25.9 lbs for the rear (26-12-12) and 22.9 for the fronts (26-10-12), would my bike be fine turning the extra pounds? would i have to do anything to my clutching?

·
Super Moderator
13,517 Posts
i was looking at 27" outlaws, they weigh 35.4 lbs for the rear (27-12-12) and 30.2 for the front tires (27-9.5-12)
i currently have 26" mudlites which weigh 25.9 lbs for the rear (26-12-12) and 22.9 for the fronts (26-10-12), would my bike be fine turning the extra pounds? would i have to do anything to my clutching?
That's a pretty good increase in weight. I think..yes..you will want to do some different clutch springs if they re stock now.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Okay, thanks guys, what springs would you recommend? I ride trails and mud

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ok, thanks! :)

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
What would that spring get setup do? More bottom end?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Okay, will it take alot of my top end?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ok, that's good, thanks for the help!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts