Kawasaki Brute Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What yall think of this tire setup?

I want to go only one size up to a 26", i want to do a square setup same size tire all around. i think 26 9 14

·
Super Moderator
GOD BLESS 🇺🇸
1,203 Posts
A lot of SxS owners are doing that. I know some like it for ATVs too. Nice for rotations and carrying a spare. IMO, 9” is too skinny for the rear, but that’s personal preference. I like 10 wide, but it may be tough to find that width in anything over a 25” tire.

·
Registered
2020 Kawasaki Brute Force 750 4x4i EPS
13 Posts
Wouldn’t this cause your front to be wider than the rear or am I thinking about it wrong? Stock tires are 25x10x12 and 25x8x12 so if the spacing is square with that setup wouldn’t it change the width?

·
Super Moderator
13,702 Posts
Wouldn’t this cause your front to be wider than the rear or am I thinking about it wrong? Stock tires are 25x10x12 and 25x8x12 so if the spacing is square with that setup wouldn’t it change the width?
The stock wheel widths and offsets make the outside edge straight...or pretty close to it. That's why it will be necessary to have all new wheels as well...all the same width and offset as the IRSs all have the same hub width.

·
Registered
66 Posts
If you do end up doing this, be sure to post some pictures. I would be curious to see what this looks like. I am planning on upgrading the tires on mine this spring but am still deciding between radials or bias ply and what size I want to go with.

·
Registered
2 Posts
What yall think of this tire setup?

I want to go only one size up to a 26", i want to do a square setup same size tire all around. i think 26 9 14
I did just that on my 16, 750. I'm running 26x9's on the front and 26x11's on the rear. I only use in high range when I can run 20 MPH or faster. All other times I stay in Low Range, to save the clutches.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I did just that on my 16, 750. I'm running 26x9's on the front and 26x11's on the rear. I run it in high range only when riding at 20 MPH or faster. All other times I stay in Low Range, to save the clutches.
POST EDIT: I reread the original post and wanted to add this. I did not move up to 14" wheels but stayed with the 12" wheels. Shouldn't really make any difference as the tire height is still 26".

·
Registered
66 Posts
piklhead,

The OP is looking to do 9" wide tires on the front and back of his machine, not the typical skinny in front, wide in rear look.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just got my new set up mounted. 4. 26/9/12 TG Mars a tires on Remington desert tan wheels. Looks great but the 9” rears don’t have the best traction

·
Registered
547 Posts
Yukondr, what exhaust is that ?
And I like the wheel tire combo as well, but with 9" rear tires, she must spin all the time.

·
Registered
7 Posts
[It does spin a lot. Definitely running 10s on all 4 corners next time. That exhaust is stock head pipes with 2 2” stainless glass packs. Sounds ok.not sure how much power I made with it. Probably just noise. It works until I can purchase the Empire.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Yukondr, that thing probably sounds like a 80's stock car - LOL.
I once had a Yamaha Raptor R muffler on mine, to me it sounded mean and wicked - the neighbors around me complained, and I went to a Muzzy, which sounded much more tame.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts