Kawasaki Brute Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting a noise on a cold startup that subsides some once it's warmed up? It's either a Rod or The Primary Clutch? I have a Video but for some reason this site won't let me post it?
Automotive parking light Cloud Wheel Sky Car

Vehicle registration plate Automotive tail & brake light Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Vehicle

·
Super Moderator
14,187 Posts
Pretty new for either. May need to take it in. Can't upload videos directly as they are too large. Have to upload them to something like YouTube then post a link on forums.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Pretty new for either. May need to take it in. Can't upload videos directly as they are too large. Have to upload them to something like YouTube then post a link on forums.
Got an appointment for December 8th to bring it back to the dealer.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
A friend who has a BF 750 told me the Primary Clutches are pretty noisy? Anybody else notice this?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Past the 8th, find anything out?
Not too happy with The Service Department at Dutchess Recreational Vehicles in Poughkeepsie, NY! When I brought it there on December 8th, I asked when might I find out when I can get it back, and the Service Department manager told me they won't be able to get to it for 3 to 10 days???? So I asked him why did I make an appointment?? And he said , we did not want you to get mad!! What stupidity!! I'll keep you updated when I find something out? Have not heard anything yet?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Not too happy with The Service Department at Dutchess Recreational Vehicles in Poughkeepsie, NY! When I brought it there on December 8th, I asked when might I find out when I can get it back, and the Service Department manager told me they won't be able to get to it for 3 to 10 days???? So I asked him why did I make an appointment?? And he said , we did not want you to get mad!! What stupidity!! I'll keep you updated when I find something out? Have not heard anything yet?
Just got the BF back and they told me that they checked out the Belt and The clutches and everything was within spec, Engine oil good, The mechanic told me that some of them do make some noise from The Primary Clutch, he also said The Can Am's are really noisy. When I picked it up it was 60 degrees out and it did not make any noise? So it only seems to do it when its down in the 30's or below? Anyway I was told there is a 3 year warranty on it if anything goes wrong.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Just got the BF back and they told me that they checked out the Belt and The clutches and everything was within spec, Engine oil good, The mechanic told me that some of them do make some noise from The Primary Clutch, he also said The Can Am's are really noisy. When I picked it up it was 60 degrees out and it did not make any noise? So it only seems to do it when its down in the 30's or below? Anyway I was told there is a 3 year warranty on it if anything goes wrong.
Hi Bob I have a 2021 750 brute with the same issue when it's cold out or the machine is cold a little noisey as well when warmed up it's fine no performance issues at all. Nature of the beasts I suppose a lot of brute owners say the same but rest assured a kawasaki clutch is the best performing clutch on the market today.
I had a can am and the clutch in old yellow performed well however that thing clicked clacked knocked and mooed liked cow yes a cow , darn thing always went ahead for 14 years only got 6 months on the brute so I'll update in a decade or so on the brutes clutch longevity.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi Bob I have a 2021 750 brute with the same issue when it's cold out or the machine is cold a little noisey as well when warmed up it's fine no performance issues at all. Nature of the beasts I suppose a lot of brute owners say the same but rest assured a kawasaki clutch is the best performing clutch on the market today.
I had a can am and the clutch in old yellow performed well however that thing clicked clacked knocked and mooed liked cow yes a cow , darn thing always went ahead for 14 years only got 6 months on the brute so I'll update in a decade or so on the brutes clutch longevity.
My 2002 Prarire 650 with close to 700 Hours is original and the Clutches still work fine. And not noisy? On the 2002 I have worked it through the years also (You have seen The Attachments I made). At one time last year when I started it, I got a bad noise coming from the CVT area, so I took the cover off and found a bunch of Acorns in there (MICE)!! The machine had The Original Drive Belt (Still Good) , I cleaned it out and put a metal mesh on the Snorkel leading into the CVT! I did put a New Belt on it while I had it apart! Very Impressed by that kind of reliability! That is why I bought the BF 750!

·
Registered
32 Posts
My 2002 Prarire 650 with close to 700 Hours is original and the Clutches still work fine. And not noisy? On the 2002 I have worked it through the years also (You have seen The Attachments I made). At one time last year when I started it, I got a bad noise coming from the CVT area, so I took the cover off and found a bunch of Acorns in there (MICE)!! The machine had The Original Drive Belt (Still Good) , I cleaned it out and put a metal mesh on the Snorkel leading into the CVT! I did put a New Belt on it while I had it apart! Very Impressed by that kind of reliability! That is why I bought the BF 750!
Yes reliability and strength in kawasaki machines that's for sure I was a motorcycle rider for over 40 years and kawasaki always built bikes that were reliable, fast, and delivered the most horse power in their class which is why I got a new 750 brute and let old yellow go.
Got to hand it to your 650 .. 20 yrs young and still going .
I had mice plug off my truck air filter it was so bad the mechanic now displays it as warning to others check the air filter lol . Had pine cones stuffed into a lawn tractor by a squirrel those damn things took to the smoking and lit up into a small fire.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts