Kawasaki Brute Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a quad used has 120hrs and just under 600 miles. I looked this bike over from top to bottom for any signs it has been sank to flooded out cause it does have snorkels and rad relocate. However look cleaned to me belt box appears to never had water in it and neither did the air box. I brought it home and I rode it over the weekend for the first ride other than around the yard. The bike has a Full HMF Pipe with header on it and seems to tick louder than what I think it should and after riding it for a couple of hours I was stick my head down on the left side at idle I feel like a can hear a faint tapping noise but doesn’t get louder as you accelerate. I’ve been told these engines are loud and make some noises but I just wanted to see what you guys think? I don’t know what oil he has in it so I just purchased Kawasaki oil and filter to change it so I know and go from there.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I’d have to ride it for a while to get it hot enough for the sound to hear it but I will do that first I think it will be a good idea to change the oil and it open the filter and inspect for any brass and if none then check valve lash

1 - 3 of 3 Posts