Kawasaki Brute Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone new to these forums. Would appreciate any and all ideas/help. I have a 2015 750 I eps. I bought it new and it has stupid.low hours on it, first service isn't even due yet. So last time it ran good was this winter rode it in storm ran fine..next time I go to run it it's sputtering and hard to start,dies when I put it into gear unless I gas it alittle. So far I checked plugs front cylinder is very sooty rear is a little better .changed plugs no difference. Drained fuel and bought dry gas and 93 octane. No difference. Checked all connections and grounds they are ok. This is garage kept always not beat and practically new. Please any and all ideas thanks,chris

·
Super Moderator
13,445 Posts
Hey everyone new to these forums. Would appreciate any and all ideas/help. I have a 2015 750 I eps. I bought it new and it has stupid.low hours on it, first service isn't even due yet. So last time it ran good was this winter rode it in storm ran fine..next time I go to run it it's sputtering and hard to start,dies when I put it into gear unless I gas it alittle. So far I checked plugs front cylinder is very sooty rear is a little better .changed plugs no difference. Drained fuel and bought dry gas and 93 octane. No difference. Checked all connections and grounds they are ok. This is garage kept always not beat and practically new. Please any and all ideas thanks,chris

Got to ask...do you keep it on a battery tender? Or does it just sit between uses. These are very fussy systems now and low power isn't tolerated and all. Need to check the static battery voltage, then while cranking, then while running. It should have at or better 12.6 sitting, not below 11.9 cranking and above 14.4 while running.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes it's on a battery tender also the battery is about a year old now. Also I did remove fuel cap to make sure there wasn't a venting issuse. No change in machine

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Been doing some research what's anyone's thoughts on tps? Plugs are black dry and sooty. Is there a way to test this easily? Opinions/suggestions please. Thanks chris

·
Registered
4 Posts
TPS is easy to check if you know how to use a multimeter. If not then google it. Should run off of 5 volts. Should have 3 wires. I’m a car mechanic. I have zero experience on atvs but it’s the same for the most part I imagine.
I got to ask you this question. Sitting for 5 years have nice had access to it. Any mice where you live? Black plugs mean rich fuel mixture which could also mean not enough air flow. Did you pull out the air filter? Is it clean? Any signs of a mouse nest? Try running it with the air filter off if so.
TPS has 3 wires. One ground one 12 volts and one 5 volts. Find the ground first it’s the easiest. Then turn key on and find 12 volts. The unchecked one should be 5 volts reference signal. Put your positive test lead on that one with ground still connected. Multimeter on dc volts. Turn key on. Watch the meter as you slowly pull the throttle lever from full closed to open and vide versa. Meter should slowly and smoothly raise in voltage from 1 volt roughly to almost 5 volts. Take two pills and call me in the morning. Let me know.

·
Registered
6 Posts
What type of gas were you using when you stored it? If untreated ethanol fuel, is it possible that the injectors may be clogged?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts