Kawasaki Brute Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to grab a 2012 BruteForce 650. It is in pristine condition as it only has 307 miles on it. However he has only used regular (not ethanol free) fuel in it. It is not running very well at all. He says he was told it would need a carb cleaning. Which would be expected with this few miles. Is there anything else I could expect to be wrong with this scenario? Maybe a fuel pump? I was hoping to drain all the fuel out, clean up the carb real good, add new ethanol free fuel and hope its like new? Help me know if there is something I may be overlooking? Thanks.

·
Administrator
14,588 Posts
If it truly only has 307 miles on it and hasn't been sunk in water and mud, it's new!...and yes, with that little of miles it's been sitting a lot which drys out the carbs plugging passage ways..the slow/pilot circuit first. Expect to do a full, vatted rebuild on them as that what it will take to clear the passages. But that's nothing..even worth taking them to someone to do. Maybe it will need a fuel pump..maybe..but so what? Do it. If it is as you say, she's a find and deserves a better home. And don't worry about the fuel. Just drain the bowls if it going to sit more then a week or two. Cake..

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If it truly only has 307 miles on it and hasn't been sunk in water and mud, it's new!...and yes, with that little of miles it's been sitting a lot which drys out the carbs plugging passage ways..the slow/pilot circuit first. Expect to do a full, vatted rebuild on them as that what it will take to clear the passages. But that's nothing..even worth taking them to someone to do. Maybe it will need a fuel pump..maybe..but so what? Do it. If it is as you say, she's a find and deserves a better home. And don't worry about the fuel. Just drain the bowls if it going to sit more then a week or two. Cake..
Thanks for that info that is very helpful. I think I will pull the trigger plus it comes with two snow plows a winch a backseat and a tow behind trailer

·
Administrator
14,588 Posts
2013 was the last year of the 650. The 750s got power steering in 2012 but even if yours is an IRS, you can't adapt it. So..regardless.. it's rare and one with that low of miles is a real find. The 650 was a tough, solid engine. Is it the IRS (Independent Rear Suspension) or the SRA (Solid Rear Axle)?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts