Kawasaki Brute Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to grab a 2012 BruteForce 650. It is in pristine condition as it only has 307 miles on it. However he has only used regular (not ethanol free) fuel in it. It is not running very well at all. He says he was told it would need a carb cleaning. Which would be expected with this few miles. Is there anything else I could expect to be wrong with this scenario? Maybe a fuel pump? I was hoping to drain all the fuel out, clean up the carb real good, add new ethanol free fuel and hope its like new? Help me know if there is something I may be overlooking? Thanks.

·
Registered
Dodge, Chrysler, Plymouth is what I drive but Kawasaki is what I RIDE
85 Posts
Yeah, very likely you are dealing with carb issues. But even if he ran 100% gas; likely if it sits months unused (most do) they develop common carb issues because the nature of gasoline.
I have a '05 Brute 650 and this was the issue with mine when I bought it. I have a church friend with a 02 Prairie 650 that has been in the barn for years and not started because of carb issues. (I may hint around about buying it cheap)
USUALLY just removing the carbs, and cleaning them out well with a can of carb cleaning will fix the issues. If the Brute is in stock form there is a pretty good chance of success. If someone "modded" it in some ways you may have to undo the mods (like loud muffler, drilled the air box full of holes, installed bigger jets etc.)

Be sure to disclose the sale price so we can say "Wooh! You scored! What a deal!" ;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts