Kawasaki Brute Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've noticed on a few short rides how my left let gets really warm, but thought nothing of it. The other day, I took my first long ride and it got bad enough that I would have to lift my foot up onto the fender to take a brake from the heat. I was looking at it and the pipe is pretty close to the leg and not covered at all. Should I just get some heat shield tape, or is there a bigger problem? The machine runs like a top. It just is uncomfortable on the left leg. No real burns or anything, just extremely hot and uncomfortable.

·
Registered
293 Posts
I have 2 '12s and no heat problems with the leg but hot air does blow through the opening in front of my left boot. With heavy pants and boots, it's not bad except on the hottest days.

Is the side panel really hot or is it just the hot air on your foot and leg?

You could plug the opening with a piece of old inner tube or something like that. I think I'll do it before next summer. Those fender flares come with a piece to block it off - good thinking on their part.

·
Premium Member
2,277 Posts
Same here with my 12BF, no heat issues.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Mine's been like that since new. Went for a day's ride in shorts once. The inside of my calf was red for two days.

Mine doesn't run hot, and I've never had overheating issues.....

·
Registered
293 Posts
I went on a ride today where we were in low gear going 8 - 10 mph for a long uphill stretch and my left leg did get very hot. In fact, the right side was very warn, too but not as bad as the left. Both side panels were very warm so I think most of it is the hot air with a little added from the exhaust on the left side.

When we got up to 15 mph or so for awhile it wasn't nearly as bad and nothing at all over 20. It's not so bad I'm going to do anything about it but I think I'll stick to heavier pants on all but the hottest days.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 21' Brute Force and if I'm not doing at least 20mph my left leg gets real warm after 10 minutes. Just putting around the dessert washes and creek beds at 5-10mph is extremely uncomfortable and I have to put my foot up on the fender. I'm surprised that not many people mention this stuff. I don't think I would have bought the Brute Force if I had known about it. I do like to be comfortable when riding and enjoy myself. The heat kinda takes that away.

·
Premium Member
2,277 Posts
Have the header pipe's all the way to the muffler ceramic coated, way better results Vs using exhaust pipe heat wrap.
My earlier Brute Force 750's had the hot issue on my left leg but the '12 Never had the problem.

·
Super Moderator
GOD BLESS 🇺🇸
1,210 Posts
Actually, heat from the exhaust has been a topic, on this forum and others, many times over the years. Like SWBF900 said, ceramic coating or wrap. Wearing jeans is probably the easiest solution. I hardly notice the heat if I'm dressed properly for riding.

·
Super Moderator
13,746 Posts
Actually, heat from the exhaust has been a topic, on this forum and others, many times over the years. Like SWBF900 said, ceramic coating or wrap. Wearing jeans is probably the easiest solution. I hardly notice the heat if I'm dressed properly for riding.
Yeah ..proper riding gear and you will always be fine. Shorts and flip-flops..not proper :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts