Kawasaki Brute Forum banner

2011 Kawasaki brute force 750 aftermarket cdi boxes

3K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  FSE1 
#1 ·
Hey guys I’m new to the forum. So I’m doing a few things to my 2011 Kawasaki brute force 750. One of the things I would like to do is a cdi box. I’ve been looking at the dynatek. My concern is the rev limiter. From what I have read it looks like it raises the rev limiter to 9000 rpm’s. Has anyone had any issues with this higher rev limiter? I’d love the extra pep in its step but don’t want to risk damaging the motor. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

#2 ·
Welcome. A couple of things. One, CDIs were only used on non-EFI machines so the from 2008 and up, the Brute 750s being EFI they are called ECUs or ECMs. The aftermarket units were programmers or just Ims (Ignition Module) . And although the 90 degree V-twin is the most balanced V-twin there is.. and can easily handle 11,000 (with HD valve springs), nothing says you have to take it anywhere near that. It's up to you..you are in control...but know if all is well with your engine, 9K is no problem. With that said I though it only raised it about 600-800rpms which would put it somewhere under 8400/8500. Might be wrong though. Anyway.. don't sweat it. I had their CDI on my carbed 06 and never had a problem. Not sure I ever had cause to go over 7K though. At 7K in high range will put you at or near the 70mph+ point..on a machine that weighs less the 700 lbs....o_O Talk about having a death wish....lol

#3 ·
We’ll I feel a lot better now and learned some new things. The factory set red line rpm I’ve tried so hard to look for but it’s not in the owners manual or service manual but I’m not even worried about it now. That was the most intelligent well put together answer I could’ve gotten haha. I appreciate it!

#4 ·
Contact vforcejohn @ Interstate Motorsports - He now offers reflashing of all the fuel injected factory ecu's - I think it is 300.00 usd.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.