Kawasaki Brute Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a 2011 Brute that I snorkelled and works 100%, this kit I ordered and it came pre assembled. However on my 2006 Brute Force 750 I picked up PVC pipe and attempted to do myself mimicking the kit I ordered. I ran a vent line off the check valve at the fuel tank to under the handlebars and vent lines off the carb vents under the bars as well. Bike runs good and goes through water just fine. But after a day of riding my 2011 was down 3 bars and my 2006 was still full. Still smells like a fair bit of gas but does run like there is a bit of fuel in the tank. As well, my oil is a bit milky and was changed just before the weekend. The side of the engine is stained a little bit darker then other parts once dry so not sure if I have a leak off the carb and fuel is dumping out and allowing water to come in? or really where water would come into the fuel tank. Once I took the cap off the fuel tank there are two small holes drilled through the inner white tube acting as an overflow by previous owner which arent on my 2011 or my buddys 2006 brute either. Any input would be appreciated, I'm gonna start taking the bike apart and seeing what I find!

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
The holes in the inner white tube are there to make filling the tank quicker. They won't hurt anything. some guys get rid of the white tube all together. What size snorkles are you using? sounds lik,e it is running rich.. milky oil means one thing ...water in the oil, you need to change the oil immeadiatly or risk spinning a rod bearing.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok.. I wont worry about the holes in the white tube so much then. Just need to figure out where I'm getting water in my fuel tank and yes I'll be changing the oil right away. Just not sure where its getting in or why I have discoloration on the side of my engine.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Post some pics of the discoloration and maybe the BC "brain trust" can figure it out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts