Kawasaki Brute Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my 2011 650's motor is toast. Cylinders and pistons are all scored up. Is there any way I could motor swap a 2011 750 or even a 650 but preferably 750 into it? Would everything fit up? About how much would it cost me if I found a used 750 motor and had a shop swap it over for me not including the cost of the motor obviously? Is there anything else I would need? Wiring? Carbs? Im only 16 and I really wanna keep my wheeler and restore it to it's former glory. Any advise would be greatly appreciated. Constructive criticism, tips, do's and don't's, anything would be a great help. Thank you.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
13,702 Posts
I am assuming it is the 650 IRS not the SRA. You can consider it with an IRS but, you want the carbed model of 750 so..05-07 will bolt right in and all the extras will mount right up including the wiring. DO know however the CDI programing is slightly different between the carbed 650 and 750 so in time you might want to change that out...but no hurry.

If you go with a 08+ 750, they are EFI and that requires you to change the CPS, Stator, several sensors, Rotor and add the pull start parts and seals as well as may have to drill the vacuum port for the fuel pump. The rest is simple enough. Either way won't be cheap for a 16-year old. A good engine is going to be 12-1500 dollars probably and shop time will be in the 6-8 hours range at least. Shop time is always a little different but budget 100-dollars per hour to start with plus parts and shop costs. You could easily have 2500+ in it. And for near that if you do the R&R, nFlow will re-manufacture your 650 engine to better then new condition and provide a solid warranty. Just my 2-cents

1 - 2 of 2 Posts