Kawasaki Brute Forum banner

21 - 40 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
I liked those pics from last year. It looks like a great event. I wish I could go, but it's near impossible for me to get there on that weekend. :(

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Near impossible don't rule it out.. Look and try hard! You won't regret it! You can always get another wife or girlfriend or job! Won't be but one chance at the 2010 Slumlord Ride!!!

·
Registered
901 Posts
Metalman will let us know a little later if He's coming, he wants to. 2 Shoes sold his Brute (could not pass it up) but is going to try to get another one soon.

·
Registered
901 Posts
I liked those pics from last year. It looks like a great event. I wish I could go, but it's near impossible for me to get there on that weekend. :(
Come on with it! Like Slumlord said, you won't regret it. Last year was the absolute best ride I have ever attended & I have been doing this crap for 40 years!!!!

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Near impossible don't rule it out.. Look and try hard! You won't regret it! You can always get another wife or girlfriend or job! Won't be but one chance at the 2010 Slumlord Ride!!!
It's not really a problem with the wife or the girlfriend ;) ...but the job I have is great and don't want to mess it up, I teach at a community college. I'm off every weekend, holiday, and 2 months in the summer. That particular weekend is at the end of the semester and there is just too much going on. If it had been a couple weeks later, I'd be there. I'd love to come and bring my son. Maybe something will change with my schedule but I doubt it. You guys drink several for me and have a great time!

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
It's not really a problem with the wife or the girlfriend ;) ...but the job I have is great and don't want to mess it up, I teach at a community college. I'm off every weekend, holiday, and 2 months in the summer. That particular weekend is at the end of the semester and there is just too much going on. If it had been a couple weeks later, I'd be there. I'd love to come and bring my son. Maybe something will change with my schedule but I doubt it. You guys drink several for me and have a great time!

Surely they got SICK LEAVE? think outta da box! Somethings are so good ya gotta make sacrifices for! We ain't never had no teacher show up but we had a hole passel of numbheads that needed some learnin... It's be good for ya, think of da tricks and shortcuts we'd teach ya that u could take back to use in da classroom. Sides u got tenour??? Tell em your takin a sabatical or even better an educational filedtrip. Yeah, thatd be da ticket. I promise we'd teach ya somethin to take back....

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
OK, its starting to grow! If your even considering like ON ROPE you need to be giving me your name or make reservations. I'm working on a another cool t-shirt. I SURVIVED THE 2010 SLUMLORD RIDE and will have a pretty cool graphic. S&S ATV is coming back with crew and gonna BBQ another top hog for the first night. It fell off the bone when he pulled it off the smoker last year. He also is giving T-shirts away to all comers and door prizes. ON ROPE is working a ATV tv show and Mag. angle that may come through. Working on our Kolphin rep to get him to come back and bring door prizes again as last year. The cooks have committed to being there. You get lodging, bunks, showers and bathrooms, all you can eat for every meal time. And riding some da best trails, mud holes, pipelines and gaslines in the South. We had the best guys show up last year. Everybody helped everybody and got along like a big family. Best ride I ever been on, hands down. I got plenty locals signing up and wanting to come but I'm holdin bunk spots for any of you guys that will be traveling. The locals can always go home to sleep. Lets hear from ya. ALL of this and only a $40. fee. That pays for everything.:eek::eek::eek:

·
Registered
901 Posts
Slumlord ain't talking no crap. This is one hell of a gathering. All it cost you is gas to get there, your beverage of choice & the $40.00 for way more than you can eat. I'm talking Thanksgiving dinner at every meal, not a sandwich or a bowl of soup. I freaked out on the food. 2 or 3 meats, 3 to 4 veggies, cornbread, rolls, homemade cake & pie. That was EVERY meal. On top of some killer riding, we shot guns, played cards & blowed stuff up......good times. The perfect Redneck weekend. I know Ya'll northern boys are Redneck's too. Some of you guys that was there last year chime in, tell these fellers what to expect.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Hey Slumlord, start a list of those who ain't skert. Post it!!! Here's my crew so far.

Mudlift (me) 2009 Team Green Brute Force 750 & 1969 Honda Trail 70
Tbone (Travis Miles) 2006 Orange Brute Force 750 & KTM 250 SXF
Gittinmuddy (Scott Flynn) 2006 Silver Brute Force 750
Rilly Biggins (Billy Riggins) Some kind of Can Am, 400 I think?

Tbone might be bringing 2 other boys with him. I will know fo sho in a week or 2.

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
AWESOME! This is gonna be great! I'm gonna start a list of who'l stated they are coming and start postin it tonight. Been stuck on Graveyards last 7 days and bout burnt out. most of them been 18 - 19 hr nights. MUDLIFT U da MAN!!! Keep workin it baby. How much more we gotta offer guys. Need a big show of BRUTES there. We don't want all the off breads to out number us!

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
OK, here is what we got so far; Still got 15 bunk spots open for you guys that will be travelin in froma distance. Sign up and claim one now. Gonna be da ride of da year..One ya won't fordet!:rating10:

Slumlord
Mudlift
T-Bone
T-Bone guest 1
T-Bone Guest 2
GettinMuddy
RillyBiggins
smokinSTIedge
Bo
littleBo
SnakePoison
Cneal
JGlass
Bhogue
StevieMac
MWhite
DeathDodger
DD guest 1
DD guest 2
MetalMan
TwoShoes
OnRope
KTM
SAVOIE
SAVOIE 2
EPharr
Cmoney

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
OMG! Almost forgot skip nay! He may get the door prize for coming the longest distance. (PA) Last years prize went to SailorGriz, he came from (WI). Did I mention we have two sponsors now???

S&SATV http://www.ssatvplus.com/

EHS Racing http://www.ehsracing.com/

There will be t-shirts for all that come and lots of door prizes and give-aways.
Still waiting to hear from the Kolphin rep to see if he is coming back and bringin his sack of giveaways too.

:rating10:

Slumlord
Mudlift
T-Bone
T-Bone guest 1
T-Bone Guest 2
GettinMuddy
RillyBiggins
smokinSTIedge
Bo
littleBo
SnakePoison
Cneal
JGlass
Bhogue
StevieMac
MWhite
DeathDodger
DD guest 1
DD guest 2
MetalMan
TwoShoes
OnRope
KTM
SAVOIE
SAVOIE 2
EPharr
skip nay

·
Registered
10 Posts
Would like to make this ride, however I am going to be having a son in the next few weeks. I have several friends that ride as well and would be making this trip too. I am looking forward to making a trip so you have to plan another ride later in the year. Maybe in the fall if you dont want it to be too hot!

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Congrats on the SON! I got 2 and have loved every minute of it.... Any of your friends that wont to come up give them the info. I'll put em up and feed em all weekene. Let me know any details you need.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thanks... I have a three year old girl and she wears me out! I am excited to have a boy though. Do you plan to have any more rides this year?? I dont know if they would be interested in going.. Im usually the one that gets these things organized and I dont see it happening. BUT you never know! Ill keep an out and will be looking for some more rides in the future... We arent too far from you down here... maybe four to five hours.. Yall be careful and WHO DAT!!

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
WHO DAT!!! Amen! I root for the the tigers anytime they ain't playin the HOGS!!! Go PIGS!!! Tell them about the ride anyway. I'd love to get some u cajuns up here to entertain the guys from WI, PA, TN, KY and stuff. They don't get around you guys like I do. yall be da bomb!!

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
:rating10:

Slumlord
Mudlift
T-Bone
T-Bone guest 1
T-Bone Guest 2
GettinMuddy
RillyBiggins
smokinSTIedge
Bo
littleBo
SnakePoison
Cneal
JGlass
JGlass Guest 1
Bhogue
StevieMac
MWhite
DeathDodger
DD guest 1
DD guest 2
MetalMan
TwoShoes
OnRope
SAVOIE
SAVOIE 2
EPharr
Cmoney
skip nay

Started on some menu's for the cooks! Friday night Mudlift is cookin another HOG! The cooks wills take care of all the sides and extra's. Breakfast will be the norm, eggs, bisquits, sasuage, bacon, juice, milk perserves and sorgum. Lunch, Deer steak, Ham, Fried chicken, purple hull peas, greens, collards, corn, homemade mac and cheese, butter beans and about 6 different deserts. Supper - Fried catfish, Deer steak, Ham, Fried chicken and all the vegtibles and deserts again. Then we do it all again on Sunday. You will won't to die after the meals. Get signed up now....

·
Registered
10 Posts
LOL.. we would love to come and will... just may not be this trip. We get a little riled up and I would hope we wouldnt scare any of them away! lol Some people dont get our sense of humor.. LOL We WILL make it up there eventually... Cant wait!

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
I ain't skart! Send som yo buddies on up here. I'll take good care of em and send em back in a couple....They'll be talkin up this ride for weeks till u get tired herein bout it....

21 - 40 of 72 Posts