Kawasaki Brute Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2010 KVF750F 4X4I
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fuel pump motor freezed up. Filter was totally clogged. Replaced the pump. Relay not getting signal from BR/Y wire. Bypassed W/R to Y/R, pump runs alln time time. Not the 3 seconds at ignition start. runs fine with relay bypassed. Want it fix as it should be. ECU power and ground check out. Where does the relay get it's 3 second signal? ECU? Is there a fix without $$$ for a new ECU as a guess. Not into throwing parts at an issue. Is there a way to reset ECU? Or any help would be appreciated. Who's the Brute wiring expert? :cool: Cheapest used ECU I could find was $450. Can't afford that. HELP!!!!!!

·
Super Moderator
14,100 Posts
Fuel pump motor freezed up. Filter was totally clogged. Replaced the pump. Relay not getting signal from BR/Y wire. Bypassed W/R to Y/R, pump runs alln time time. Not the 3 seconds at ignition start. runs fine with relay bypassed. Want it fix as it should be. ECU power and ground check out. Where does the relay get it's 3 second signal? ECU? Is there a fix without $$$ for a new ECU as a guess. Not into throwing parts at an issue. Is there a way to reset ECU? Or any help would be appreciated. Who's the Brute wiring expert? :cool: Cheapest used ECU I could find was $450. Can't afford that. HELP!!!!!!
Fuel pressure switch shuts pump off when it reached the correct pressure...about 47psi...but I thought that was built into the pump. Regardless, running all the time will over-pressure the system and damage the pump. Best un-bypass and find out what's wrong.

·
Registered
2010 KVF750F 4X4I
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nope. BR/Y comes out of the ECU PIN 30 and goes to the fuel pump relay. The BK/Y at the fuel pump is powered from the battery, also goes to pin 11. BK/Y is a constain ground, key off or on. Relay only feeds positive to pump thru W/R.

·
Registered
2010 KVF750F 4X4I
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
FIXED IT! Tested all the wiring. Tested the ECU(serveral times) ground, positive, wiring going to fuel pump relay. Finally determined what I did not want to hear. BR/Y pin 30 from ECU to relay was not sending signal. Bad ECU. Found a used one for $300, as opposed to $630 for new. 5 minute install, all good. All started at fuel pump filter. Completely clogged. It would freeze the pump motor.Popped the tank with a rubber mallet. It would work for a bit, finally quit. Replaced the pump but no juice. I assume the old frozen one caused the ECU to stop throwing the signal. New/used ECU fixed the pump signal. Hope this helps someone else. The pump filter is very fine screen and small. Every one should change it once a year at least. Not that hard, just time consuming. Enjoy the ride!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts