Kawasaki Brute Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this weekend we were using the atv and it ran fine. We parked it while cleaning up some tree limbs and when we went to fire it back up the battery was essentially dead the dash would light up for a second then go blank. It fired up fine with a jump but would not run without the jump being there though I did get it to run terribly with high throttle. This led me to believe the stator may be bad, but just to be thorough and to avoid that headache I started looking at other components. I pulled the rectifier off and found an online manual that states to test resistance on the terminals A-E all of them tested fine except the E to A check which stated it should be between 2 and 50 Kohms. It was instead reading OL. My question is what are terminals A and E on the rectifier? (also is that 2 to 50 accurate? It shows test of A to E should be infinity and test E to A to be 2 to 50)

·
Administrator
14,493 Posts
Makes no sence. A to E and E to A should show the same Ohms of resistance..and 2-50 Ohms is too much range. Better test the Stator as 99% of the time charging issues with Brutes are from toasted stators. And if you valus that 400-dollar ECU, don't run it any more on low or unstable voltage.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts