Kawasaki Brute Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I know what the answer is but asking just the same. My carb was just rebuilt. When I start the engine and give it a little gas, I see the CV valve on the rear carb move in and out but I don't see the front CV vale move at all. I can easily move the front CV valve but it has no effect.

Is this normal??

·
Super Moderator
14,011 Posts
Am I correct that they both should be moving at the same time.
With the air box open they won't move as they should but both should move or at least react in the same way. One cylinder doesn't go first then the other... Also check that the small hole in the bottom of the slide isn't blocked by anything. Sometimes..one of the legs for the needle retainer gets set over it and will block it. If this happens it can not pull the vacuum through to the diaphragm and lift the slide. To do this the cap has to come off and that can be a problem getting the outer lip of the diaphragm to set back in it's groove...sometimes so be careful. Has to come off anyway to inspect for cracks or tears. Maybe...its not in the grove and leaking. Anything is possible. You should know it's nearly impossible to find those now.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OK, I figured it out. Attached is a picture that shows the CV valve and related parts for clarity!!
Part number 16035 is a very tiny piece of round metal with an extremely small hole thru it (called the Jet-Air, Leak). When the cover was installed after the rebuild that piece must not have been seated correctly. I noticed it sticking up slightly. I fix that, put it all back together and now the front CV modulates like the rear one.

Triangle Parallel Font Rectangle Automotive exterior

1 - 7 of 7 Posts